Soap Cliches you wish would die

• Members

Like the title says soap cliches you are just sick and tired of

I for one am sick of soap kids coming home for the summer pissed off at their parents about school. Boarding school is not prison. I have rich friend who went to boarding school for two years and loved it. And do the kids who actually tune into soap really care about the whiny of young priveledged people over going to good schools?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sleeping with someone after having a fight with a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. I don't know many people in real life that does that... plus, sick of pregnancies resulting from said one night stands. Maybe in the 1960s/1970s that would have worked... but nowadays there is condoms, birth control, etc.

The one cliche that has to stay is teen pregnancy.. when i was in high school, I knew five or six girls in my class that were knocked up. One of them was my friend and i asked her why they didn't use protection.. and she said that they didn't think it would happen to her. I think she ended up giving the baby up for adoption and went to college.

• Members

*Psycho frauen on Facebook.

*When the endgame couple are always the "heroes", regardless if their actions actually are heroic or not. (Rex/Gigi is the biggest example that comes to mind.)

The last time we had a soap kid without a considerable grudge against any parent...we had Starr Manning. 'Nuf said.

• Members

Women hiding the existence of children from the father. I understand if he was abusive or the child was conceived in rape, but other than that... if he was good enough for you to screw, he's good enough to attempt fatherhood.

• Members

YES. At some point abortion became a dirty word and only lip service was given to the idea that a woman might not want to have a child. You can tell a compelling story with a woman ending her pregnancy, and no, she doesn't have to be a rape victim to want to terminate!

Archived