Soap Cliches you wish would die

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, the entire '90s Roger/Holly story was a retcon. Back in the '70s/1980, Roger and Holly were NEVER meant to be "soulmates." I'll admit, the chemistry between the actors made it somewhat believable, but Roger was nothing other than the incidental father of Holly's child (who she passed off as Ed's because Ed was better) and Holly's abuser until the '90s writers ignored what came before and made Roger and Holly out to be retroactive soulmates. Peggy was Roger's redemption back then, not Holly and Christina.

I'm also sick of women getting a free pass to smack men around. If a woman smacks another woman, you expect the smacked woman to fight back (and I roll my eyes). Why do women get a free pass to attack men? Just because most men could throw one punch to knock a woman out?

My Philly-raised opinion is, you'd better make that first shot count, lady. 'Cause if you started the physical violence, you don't get NO sympathy from me, whether you're some nobody or Erica Kane.

• Members

Characters talking to themselves. Doesn't happen as much, but it still happens. I would prefer motivations to come through some other way.

Yeah the slap has to go. I can let it pass if something intense happens and it makes sense in the moment, which is rare.

Archived