This Week on GH: Kiki and The Mystery Man

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't help it. I'm terribly curious to see how KA plays another character. She's played Starr all her life.

I feel really sorry for offliners watching this show. They're about to be served a double scoop of "WTF?" topped with "Are you kidding?!" sauce.

• Members

I have a terrible feeling she'll basically be playing the material they should've been giving her as Starr these past seven years - scheming, spoiled. And she might actually do well, who knows. It may well be the Starr people (okay, me) wanted to watch, with dark hair.

• Members

I always try to see the positive in GH and give it the benefit of the doubt, but this is just the dumbest thing ever. KA has no real talent and that snippet they showed was tragic. RH does have talent but hus 80s Europop haircut looks ridiculous. I don't understand the compelling need for these two actors. So if these characters flop does he write them off and bring these two back playing yet another set of characters? And I must say if he did insist on bringing them back he should not have been so simplistic about and immediately set them back to act with their old co-stars.

• Members

Based on that promo, not too well.

I think Franco's drag queen friend had more fans than KA did on this show, so I don't really get a promo to bring her back. I actually believe KA would do well with proper writing and a proper role on the show, but instead they just keep throwing stuff at her.

All I can think about is those poor writers who were fired off of From These Roots for being gay. They must be looking down right now and wondering why equality has to come with stale-ass 1987-style camp.

• Members

Her Friends Call Her Kiki is truly just camp. I don't know how anyone can pretend otherwise. Whether or not it's good camp is a matter of opinion, but the show is already jampacked with so much at this point.

KA may be able to work it, I don't know. She has been so hardwired to identify with Teen Queen Starr, or to identify Starr with herself for so many years that her performances became extremely rote, predictable and histrionic - and bland. I always wanted to see if she could play bad again, or play anything else. I'm not sure if she can. She may have to go totally over the top to do it.

I'd find it to be a supreme irony if KA's new character is the only one that works. I was sure she'd fail terribly but so far she is the only one that doesn't provoke instant horror from me on sight. Mostly just a long sigh.

• Members

To be fair, Morgan has the Mr. Potato Head nose.

I am always on some strange level rooting for KA, even though I don't care for most of she plays. So I do hope it works out, and maybe playing a vixen is better. I just...my friends call me Kiki? All that's left is her snorting coke off the coffee table.

Archived