This Week on GH: Kiki and The Mystery Man

• Members

Yes they could. Imagine what RC not being at Prospect Park cost us. Don't you want to see Kiki snorting blow off Cutter's ass? (if he has one now)

Now I just want to see her become a little more cutting edge and do the Jessie Spano "I'm so excited!!!" scene.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, well, that makes one of us. I started out protective of Kristen and permissive to a fault like any longtime fan, but the last six or seven years of Starr have gradually made me want her to go back to school and get out of my face as soon as possible. Particularly the last two years on OLTL and GH. When I can read her every move and there's seemingly no barrier between her and the character, and the writer and producer seem to openly indulge that, it was time to GTFO. Starr the over-enthusiastic heroine, Starr the singer, Starr the angel of light and kindness. I have no idea how she'd fit in with the kids on PP.

I just don't know if she knows how to do anything else onscreen. I honestly hope so, because I do still care about her and her hair looks great. And I think there is so much more to the Starr character than the prefab teen queen this team has been churning out for years.

• Members

I don't think KA is a good actress, I don't think she ever has been. I do think there is, or was, a certain relateability in her work, which they never have written for. I would put her in a supporting role, being a friend, being a sister, commenting on the action, and not being given any romance stories. I guess Starr and Cole had their fans but I think most romance stories are death for her.

• Members

I think most of her chemistry has been with older men - Brandon Barash, Scott Clifton, even Austin Peck, God help me. But the show doesn't do that. Frank has always believed what people want is more of KA and lots of it, in big teen stories.

I think she's fine with Chad, and she may be good with the new kid. They're not setting the world on fire or anything but they were sweet kids, and I would've liked to see her become Starr Quartermaine and have them enter what everyone in both families instantly recognizes as a bad idea teen marriage a la Laura and Scotty, only for it to shatter in high drama over time. But that would mean allowing for another love interest like a Johnny type.

• Members
Seriously, WTF?! If he can play 3 different characters in a year does that mean I can finally get Sarah Brown back on this damn show already? At least she knows how to act and deserves a spot on the cast unlike the OLTL trio.

KA does look pretty-ish with the darker hair.

• Members

I think he showed up when he was playing Caleb in a way he stopped doing for McBain. I'd never watched PC so the GH clips were my first exposure to Caleb and the only reason I watched was because I'd never seen ME get that much positive response on this board.

• Members

I thought he seemed out of sorts, myself. Like he was trying to remember how to play anyone other than McBain - so he'd do random, weird [!@#$%^&*] and throw [!@#$%^&*] around. He seemed more like he was trying out a new suit than anything else. I thought it was a pale imitation of the PC days.

I think he can do good work, I just don't know if he knows how. The most comfortable I ever see him anymore is in the cop shop stuff with people like Anna Devane, Bo, etc.

Archived