DAYS: Roles being cast for special storyline in September...

• Members

"DAYS" CASTING ROLES FOR SPECIAL 7-EPISODE+ STORYLINE SET TO AIR IN SEPTEMBER

Roles: Upscale Men & Women aged 50s-70s
Interview Dates: 5/2 & 5/3
Shoot/Start Date: 5/6, 5/8, 5/9 and 5/10
Pay Rate: SAG/AFTRA EXTRA & U/5 rates apply
Info: Seeking UPSCALE men and women for a special story line. Ages 50's, 60's and 70's ONLY! Any ethnicity. (NOTE: Because of storyline, you can NOT be an actor that has worked recently on Days of Our Lives!)
Do NOT submit if you have worked there in the past year. You must be available for all days. 5/6, 5/8, 5/9 and 5/10. It will pay at least 7 episodes, maybe more, with possible upgrades to U/5. Also, it will be FUN!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good grief - why does DAYS have such a bizarre taping schedule? Seriously - 4+ months ahead? I don't get it from a cost-saving perspective, much less a storyline adjustment view. Soaps need to be nimble. I remember the disaster that GH faced when it taped months in advance (I believe 6 episodes a week for a few months) because of the 84 Olympics in LA. It was a partly because of predicted nightmare logistics in LA. It was awful - I think it was the two "Grants" story and it caused ratings to tank. Sony needs to rethink this if they want to get DAYS back up in the ratings - it should be doing better than it is.

Archived