Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think Jeffrey is really in love with Wyatt, it's more like a twisted lust and childish clinging.

Unfortunately, that's common in poor and/or urban communities (some non-urban ones too), many mothers put a man before their kids and chitlin circuit writers never shy away from using it as a theme.

• Members

Yeah, it's crystal clear Perry writes and directs---there's no change of tempo or emotional depth. I have no clue about Perry's training in either, but it feels like a high school production.

And I hate making a character stupid simply to further the plot. There's no reason in hell Wyatt's girlfriend should have or would have reacted to Jeffrey in that simple, trusting manner---yet she did.

I wonder if AMC and OLTL airing aren't drawing in some new viewers. I've never looked---is his new comedy making good numbers as well?

• Members

It was very soapy (in this day and age) that they had that intense conversation in a hallway at the courthouse. Clearly, they didn't want to build a new set just for that scene.

Don't you just love how after ALL these years, with them all even going to the same church, that suddenly Benny's father wants to be a part of his life?

• Members

And then that lousy ass detective acts as if it's some high level CIA sh!t when it's only 2 dumb ass judges who can't see their hands in front of their faces. And if it's that dangerous (if anything happens to me, your son is innocent - LMFAO!), UM YEAH, in the middle of the courthouse corridor? Ok, Toilet Paper!

• Members

Now that I think about it that girl was a future Candace. Well Candace is a little more compassionate. There was an episode where she and her friend got all dolled up, went to a party at the frat house next door, her friend got raped at the party and she showed little compassion and actually told her friend to lie about it so her foster parents wouldn't punish her for sneaking out.