Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Members

I liked Katherine's reaction to Amanda's attempted suicide. She actually does love her despite the way she treats her.

LOL at Candice calling Wyatt a thing. Ugh though to Jeffrey manipulating the breakup of Wyatt's relationship. He is abusing his power as a professional to further his obsession

ugh with Selene's skank ass? Doesn't she have a husband? Is he not giving her any at home? She is so thirsty. LMAO at Jim telling her he never loved her.

So it looks like Amanda may blame Candice a bit for her rape. Good. I think it possibly adds some layers to her as she was too cookie cutter naïve good. She needs to start lashing out and showing emotion.

Wasn't Amanda raped like 2 days before her suicide? She can already tell she's pregnant? Please tell me this is explained bc she is inexperienced and just dumb. I knew she'd either be pregnant or have HIV, but dang, this is happening fast if they are going that route. I had to laugh when she said she was pregnant bc its so ridiculous. "I feel it growing inside of me" :lol:

Amanda: "So you're saying Im too dumb to read a pregnancy test?" YES!

Anyone else think Wyatt's girlfriend looks similar to Brianna Brown?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Him crying outside the hospital room was so pathetic. Wyatt is hot and has a great body but what are you in love with? He talks down to you most of the time and clearly doesn't like you. Damn there are plenty of men he could be with but you know Tyler living vicariously through this character.

I cringed when Candice was like "I've been around gay men all my life. I love the kids!"... idk why it was just forced.

• Members

Yeah, honestly I'm actually on the fence if that was just a clumsy re-write (or they forgot the original story) or if it was meant to be part of Wyatt's clever test. LOL The way this show is, it could be either...

Why was Wyatt's girlfriend SOO nice to Jeffrey when he came over? Another truly stupid character? He's been a huge jerk to her and implied they were barely ever friends, yet she runs up to him and gives him a hug?

All of this time I've doubted that Tyler Perry truly scripts all of these shows himself (I mean how busy is the man--quality of his work not withstanding) and had a team he just doesn't credit. But the dialogue for every character is so similar, maybe I was wrong. It's all written in the same "So how are you?" "How am I?" "Yes, how are you." "Oh, I thought that was what you said well how do you think I am?" "How should I know how you are?" style with a clever or funny (or half the time a tries too hard to be clever or funny but fails) quip or insult or metaphor thrown in every so often--honestly Wyatt's odd thing dialogue to Jeff about how he's using his words like pennies to fill a piggy bank or whatever was just "Huh?" to me. (I mean I get it but it was a clumsy metaphor at best.)

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Welcome to Tyler Perry-land! (I kinda hate saying that because sexual abuse has been a personal issue within my own family and an important subject but the way Perry deals with it is just so camp.)

BTW here are the brief write ups for the final three episodes of this half season:

Absolutely!

Is "the Kids" an affectionate gay term I simply have never heard before--maybe around black American culture or.... umm something? I believe she ud that term a while back as well. I can see Tyler at his laptop so proud for knowing to use that term

• Members

Yeah it is, I guess because I know Tyler probably wrote it I cringed at it. LOL.

Show hit another series high with 2.141 million viewers last night. For all the sh-t I talk about it, I view more as a comedy these days than a drama. Helps me enjoy it more.

Edited by Eric83