GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You and I will have to agree to disagree about the propping of Lily post-ClickBoom, as the only impression that I'd gotten from this show was that she was a crutch for the show to depict Sonny as the man that he used to be way back when (one with a conscience who was still haunted by having her and his unborn child's blood on his hands) - even as the shitty writing undermined that.

That said, I'll concede that I didn't know that Sonny voiced that J&B stupidity out loud after Brenda left him in the dust since I left this show right behind her. That alone should've prompted my Robin to tell him to STFU.

I'll also add that I'm glad that this past marathon aired (and will re-air) because it completely obliterates the pile of bullshit that showkiller Guza/cryptkeeper Frons/bootleg Janet Wood have been trying to spin into gold about Brenda/S&B for years. I'd only had my clear and fond memories of my favorite GH couple of all time (along with YT clips to support that) before, but it was wonderful to relive the beautiful memories on my television screen.

• Members

A little of that went a verrrrry long way... and unfortunately we had a LOT of that. <_<

Nevertheless, I stayed with it through the song. Then listening to Lucy and Miss Simmons bitch and fight saying the same thing over and over again for what seemed like a 3 minute scene: "Change the song!" "I won't change the song!" "Change the song!" "I won't change the song!" made me realize this was gimmicky stunt casting at its worse.

• Members

That's a good question. In my opinion, and I really don't care about OLTL, it seems that since ABC and Prospect Park couldn't come to an agreement to share the characters that their histories on GH should be irrelevant. If everything over the last year with these characters can't even be legally mentioned on GH then there should be no point in preserving that year over on OLTL. I do find it convenient, however, that the character who was involved with Michael is now back in Los Angeles, which is where that character was coming from in the first place. So maybe that could be a subtle tipping off point that she's been there this whole time and nothing's happened at all in Port Charles.

Archived