Frons' Influence on PP

• Members

I am still puzzled on why PP said the first go-round that they want the shows to be in the ABC Format. 5 days/Week, an hour a day, and 50-52 weeks per year. Now they are going the 30 minute route and 4 days a week for 42 weeks a year. It seems as if Frons had something to do with the original decision. Does anyone know?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it came down to money plus 30 mins you can have more tight shows without a lot of fluff. Also shooting 5 weeks on/off and alternating taing & sharing studio space saves a buttload of dollars

• Members

The original plans were mostly the result of being rushed. They were throwing out many ideas to make it work from moving them to Canada with all new casts, to scabs and so many other ideas. The reason I was always so confident in this second go-round is because they had the benefit of TIME to actually think and make something happen. It would've never worked the first time, even if the money was there. They needed this year to think, regroup and hopefully put together a GREAT product.

• Members

Sorry....I do not intend to pay $8 a month for HULU, on top of the $25 I already pay for internet, to Watch 2 hours of AMC a week......and STILL have to put up with commercials. Hulu has absolutely NOTHING else that interests me.

There are cable stations that run the same reruns over and over every day of the week....... they could use a couple of hours of original programming Mon.-Fri.

• Members

Hulu.com is FREE. You can only watch on your computer. HULU PLUS is what costs 8.00 a month. With HULU PLUS you can stream to your mobile devices. So if you dont want to pay than watch for FREE on HULU.com

• Members

I'm so sick of the idiots who post things about having to pay to watch these shows. It takes seconds to educate yourself about these things. And Hulu Plus is well worth it with the huge variety they offer. Two 30 second commercials is nothing. Anybody who would complain about that has issues. It's not even as many commercials in the entire show than you would have during one commercial break on tv.

Archived