B&B - March 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I concur! What I'd love to see is more focus on the fashion aspect of the show.. perhaps having an african american model and/or designer come onto the show.

If Brad Bell had succeeded in getting Victoria Rowell to come onto the show (rumour had it that Drucilla was going to move over to Bold, but Sony put the kibosh on that), I could have seen Drucilla as a former model wanting to branch out and either open a modeling agency... or deciding to have a clothing line that Forrester Creation could design/market for her.

What surprises me is that there is a lack of latina and/or asian characters on the show considering L.A. is a melting pot.. just like Chicago is.

That said, I can see no problem with Maya and Rick getting together except that he needs to break it off with Caroline instead of keeping her on a string. If anyone should be getting a lecture on inappropriate behavior, it should be Rick and not Maya...imho.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, Brad has always done this with black characters. I always remember the first black character on B&B was a homeless woman (I cannot remember her name) that Stephanie met when she lost her memory was living on the streets. It says a lot (and nothing good) about Brad's perception about minorities. I don't understand why he thinks like that. He grew up in Chicago and now lives in LA. He should encounter well educated black people all the time in his everyday life. It also says a lot about CBS that none of their Daytime executives have spoken up over the years. You would think that one of them that would insist that Brad shape the story differently.

• Members

What I don't get though is that he doesn't treat the men the same. We have two black lawyers in Justin and Carter and Marcus had a good upbringing. Bell's perception of minority women though is glaring

The Dru Modeling Agency would have been good. Especially with Ashley having crossed over, it would have been good to see another GC face It would have been fun seeing her clash with Brooke. I also could have seen her paired up with Justin (wouldn't have made them cousins)

• Members

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to that scene but it seemed like a Jekyll/Hyde moment. I got the impression that Dayzee was doing the whole gf sharing thing up until Maya said that she and Rick kissed. That seemed to bring a change in Dayzee's tone. I think Dayzee is supposed to be merely looking out for Maya to "save her" and it's just going to be written poorly enough to make Dayzee's good intentions seem snakish. Maya seems so naive and any woman against her is going to seem like pure evil anyway.

I cannot comment on Chicago but it is totally conceivable to live in L.A. and not get a different (meaning more positive than one may already have) on people. It's pretty odd and sometimes even frustrating, but a lot of what people perceive seems to be based on what they want to believe and not necessarily what they see--especially when it contradicts what they believe. In order to actually see and absorb, your mind has to be open and you have to be willing.

Also, as much of a melting pot as L.A. happens to be--it happens to be extremely segregated as well. But none of that really matters much if you think in stereotypes anyway.

• Members

Brooke was embarrasing to watch today defending Bill and speculating if Katie stopped taking her medication. She should be ashamed

Taylor walked up to Rick and said "Well It's good to see someone from your family wearing clothes" laugh.png

"What she did was underhanded. It was embarrassing!" HT's line delivery is everything laugh.png

"No Rick, this is about your mother prancing around in her underwear in front of her sisters husband for attention"

LOL. They're using every word in the book to describe how Brooke modeled that lingerie. She prances, she parades, she struts...laugh.png

• Members

Way to go, Katie! She was fab telling off Brooke and Bill today. Not that I think that it will make any difference. Brooke and Bill will be sleeping together soon enough.

Brooke was so damn out of line telling Katie about her husband while Bill just stood there. Katie should should have punched her in the face and then filed for divorce. And Brooke was lying to her face about nothing going on between her and Bill. She damn well knows that they have been flirting and talking about their "feelings" for each other. With a sister like Brooke, who needs enemies?

How can Rick and Hope be so blind about her mother given her history with inappropriate men? Their antennas should be tingling.

Hope needs to get on with her life. She was living without Liam just fine not too long ago.

Jacob Young's blue eyes were gorgeous with his blue suit.

• Members

OMG, I cant believe that Skank Slut is standing there lecturing Katie on her husband and calling her out on not being interesting. Hold up, let me PAUSE for a moment and get my ish together

118f1gj.gif

Bitch, sit down! The nerve of this whore. She was out of line, PERIOD! She has no argument. She's had sex with both of her older daughter's husbands and had sex with her youngest's boyfriend. Lets not forget she screwed her way through an entire gene pool. Brooke, you haven't changed. You are still the same SLUT from the valley. I loved Katie standing up for herself and saying she wasn't going to be one of her victims. Good for her! She should have delivered that with a slap

And Hopeless saying that Steffy got pregnant on purpose. I don't have enough energy to go in on her after dealing with her mother so I will just issue a simple STFU and see ya next week

• Members

lol...I hadn't even finished watching the show when I wrote that. I just heard the medication line and Im appalled. Im surprised Katie didn't have a heart attack right there. Katie needed to crack that bottle over her skull. Poor pitiful fool though bc the fact is she isn't having sex with Bill and we all know her sister will be more than willing to help him with that

My new nickname for her is the Morally Corrupt Brooke Logan bc she is morally bankrupt!

• Members

I never call women sexually prejorative terms, but Clarence nailed Brooke perfectly when he said, "Brooke, you in the Ho Hall of Fame and have the Super Bowl rings to prove it."

And for Bill to stand there, then sheepish eavesdrop on Brooke insulting Katie was unbelievable. So much for his pledge to love and be loyal to Katie. He is a real m'f.

Archived