B&B - March 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I have to admit, I bought a box of lemon bar mix a while back and made it after being inspired by Pam and wanted to see what the big deal was about them. A bit too sweet for my tastes, but then again, I know I couldnt have made them as perfect as her

• Members

I haven't watched a soap in awhile, but I've now watched three straight episodes of this. I was totally with Pam on that snoozefest presentation. I was thinking that it seemed so elementary he was just repeating what was already established. But what was odd was that when he brought up clothes for everyday people that Rick, who just spent time with the poverty stricken, shot it down. FC is so inflexible that they cannot have a line for the Mayas of the nation.

I was surprised that they had other models since Brooke never left the room. She and Bill are repulsive to me. They'd be more laughable if they weren't pushing so hard.

Rick and Maya's tearing up was funny. "Farewell and have a wonderful life because I know you'll make it big" as if they won't be running into each other and staring within a week or two. Where's Dayzee's supposed to be located?

• Members

Thanks. Maybe I'll see it at some point. There are a bunch of wholesale shops not far from the shelter.

Now that would actually make more sense to me. Although, there are other areas downtown away from Skid Row. It's probably only a matter of time before they try to get rid of Skid Row since they're turning most of the surrounding areas into warehouse condos.

• Members

I just looked it up... Dayzee lived in a tent in Skid Row with other homeless people and I assumed she opened the cafe down there, but Stephanie bought the Insomnia Cafe and renamed it Dayzee's. I don't know if the show has acknowledged the real-life connection, but folks online say the real Insomnia Cafe (Mid-City West) is supposed to be one and the same with the Insomnia Cafe of B&B.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/67566/restaurant/Mid-City-West/Insomnia-Cafe-LA

With Dayzee's sign:

http://youtu.be/CYR0z-_pbIY?t=55s

• Members

No, it's certainly not Skid Row. It's meant to be a place where the homeless and cash-strapped can come and get a cup of joe and a good meal, so I guess all of Dayzee's Skid Row friends take the bus. unsure.png

Archived