February 18-22, 2013: All Soaps Up Big in Total Viewers

Toups

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R w/e 2/24 4.73m

B&B w/e 2/24 3.63m

...Indeed, got these from the CBS press release. Dang if B&B got 2.7, that would set a record high in I don't know how long (Toups would know).

Glad Days went up too, and assuming GH did, it was a good Sweeps week for all the soaps!

• Members

Wow...feels like we are (slowly) watching B&B climb to an eventual 3.0HH. No soap in the last decade has made this sort of u-turn upwards. Convinced this has a lot to do with axing dead end vets like JW, SF and RM and demos sort of back me up on this. I always said ATWT needed to do this sort of reboot, and posters always jumped down my throat. B&B has managed to honor history while getting out of the typical daytime rut where vets are just slapped on canvus minus aim or purpose.

I've got a feeling that CBS is looking at this for Y&R. Any sceme that cuts payroll while increasing ratings must look very attractive. I see that JFP has already locked Kay in the closet and I hate it. Kay is once of those unique sort of characters who is always timely and pivotal. Maybe Brad Bell should be shifted over to Y&R. I'm sure B&B can run itself between Kay Adlen and Jack Smith. Hell, I think Ed Scott is there, too.

• Members

Whatever the cause of the uptick, the ratings are up and that matters. Granted, it doesn't matter when they lose what they gained but it's still nice to see great ratings all around for a change. And frankly, the soaps deserve them. I'm not loving everything but all of them are honestly trying right now and I give them all credit.

Archived