GH: Lulu recast

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rylan-leaves-yr-gh

Soap Opera Digest can confirm that Emme Rylan (previously known as Marcy), who recently returned to Y&R as Abby, has been cast as GH's new Lulu, replacing Julie Marie Berman, who announced her departure last week. The first airdate for the popular star, who had been let go from Y&R, then brought back on a recurring basis, is unknown at this time.

• Members

When I hear Emme I always think of that model from years ago.

I think they should have gone for a fresh-to-daytime actress, but at least she will likely annoy the piss out of Geary, and she's so quirky she will just show what a lump of waste Dante is. And she will probably work well with Genie Francis if Genie is still around for the recast. So that's not all bad.

Why is this page off-center? Are we in bumper cars?

• Members

I don't think Marcy (there is no way I'm calling her that) Rylan is asexual. I do think she is way, way overhyped for her skill set. I think she's fun and sweet in measured doses. And I think GL and Y&R overused her in a series of lame stories which DC too often pretended were the second coming. She's a decent young actress - she's not Genie Ann Francis circa 1978. And she stuck out like a sore thumb on Y&R while the DC crew sang hosannas and acted like she was the capstone for a new Y&R century - she was awkward as hell on that show. And too old for what they made her play.

I do, actually, think she'd be a perfect recast for Lulu, because she has a sense of whimsy and fun which Julie Berman quite simply lacks. At least she won't be so consistently morose. Whatever one can say about Rylan, she'll give that character life. I'm for it.

• Members

Emme brings energy and sex appeal which JMB never did. She will breath some life into Lulu, if nothing else. Maybe that guy playing Dante will finally wake up too.

Once again, GH got the better end of the deal. Good for them. It gives me hope for the show's future.

Archived