GH: Lulu recast

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She played Lizzie and Abby exactly the same with the hyper line reading, running in and out of scenes, and constant eye blinking and gasping acting ticks.

I can't imagine she'll be any different as Lulu, who is supposed to be a more downtrodden character. We'll see, but I've never seen anything appealing about Rylan's acting.

• Members

Lulu's only "downtrodden" because that is all Julie Berman plays. Or should I say, does. I don't consider it acting on her part. She's bored to tears and has been for years. I don't attribute it to Lulu and I never will.

• Members

I think it's part of Lulu too - she hated her childhood, she became a boozehound, she felt burned by life, etc. JMB played it dourly. Rylan would probably play it shrieky and a little campy, in the eternal Legally Blonde roadshow that is her acting career.

• Members

Whenever Julie is supposed to play Looloo as upbeat and simply happy, sort of normal, it came off as if she were high. The recent NYE scene where Looloo and Carly were sharing a scene and Carly was happy for her that the night club was a success, and Julie was so over the top! She doesn't understand balance so she goes to the extreme to make Looloo seem normal.

• Members

I wondered the same but it's the wrong thread for it, I guess.

That said; I would assume that Y&R has already taped the Nikki/Victor wedding and is amdist it's anniversary shows and afterwards Abby is not needed for the time being. I enjoyed her start at Jabot plus the Carmine/Alex nixing but she is not essential. I also liked Rylan on Y&R and she should make a decent Lulu.

Archived