AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who's doing that? I think we've all accepted the situation but that doesn't mean we have to pretend it doesn't exist. I accept that CmC is playing the mother to RB but that doesn't mean I have to pretend that makes sense anymore than it made "sense" for Phylicia Rashad to take over a role played by Estelle Parsons in August: Osage County. We as the audience get to decide for ourselves what is and isn't acceptable. I've chosen to accept Dixie/JR but I can easily see why somebody wouldn't.

Who's having a huge issue?! Since when did it become blasphemy to acknowledge what we see on the screen? And it's not like no one has brought this up before (see: Sami/Will.) Bad SORAS has always been a topic of discussion on all the shows. Why is it off limits now?

• Members
and? People complain about those, especially the latter one, which still gets criticism despite the fact that EJ was SORASED years ago. Its been even more glaring now with ED back as his sister (which she fits better than his mother, which is why I suspect she hasnt reprised her role as Susan)

• Members

But with young-ish Cady McClain as Dixie, there's no other choice, IMO. IIRC, JR and Bianca were born a year or so apart. Ergo, I feel their ages must always correspond to that fact. Bianca can't be mother to a teenaged daughter while JR himself is about to enter college just because SuLu looks too old to have a daughter still in school.

And maybe "SORAS" isn't the right word. What is the opposite of SORAS, when you have to keep a child younger than you would normally because you can't believe his/her on-screen parent(s) are old enough to have teenaged or young adult children?

• Members

I didn't mean you. I've seen some other dire intimations based on this, though, which I just can't take seriously.

As for Cady, I wouldn't lose her for anything. She's great. And she works as the "young grandma" - all they'll ever have to do, and what I'm almost certain they will do, is call attention to the fact that Adam knocked up the nanny when she was real young. Done.

• Members

Because, we are talking about AMC, which is just too good right now, so how dare you criticize it at all?

And what's this [!@#$%^&*] about Phylicia Rashad taking over Estelle Parsons' role? Even if they wanted an AA actress for that part, I think they could have done better than Clair [!@#$%^&*] Huxtable.

• Members
I dont think there is a term for that. Its what they are doing with Elizabeth on GH. Most of the kids born after Cameron have been SORASed but they refuse to age him. I imagine bc BH looks too young to play mother to a teenager

On a side note, it always bothered me how AMC was so slow to SORAS Petey. I cant beleive he grew up in real time from 1992 to 2008, where he got his first major SORAS, which wasnt even major as he only aged 2 years more than he should have been. I had a hard time watching Opal at her age trooping around with a 10 year old back in the late 90s/early 00s.

• Members

It's called de-SORAS. Another example is Kendall. Wasn't she like 15 when she first appeared?

It's called de-SORAS. Another example is Kendall. She was like 15 when she first appeared.

It's called de-SORAS. Another example is Kendall. She was like 15 when she first appeared.

• Members
No that is not deSORASing which is being discussed here. That refers to when a character is made younger than they were previously portrayed. What he was referring to was not aging a character. And Kendall was SORASED soon after she started. She was originally 16 but made 23 within a few months. One could say she was deSORASed when AM joined as they seemed to go back to what her original age would have been

• Members

I'm confused, I'm on episode 3 of AMC and why did Opal delete Celia's file?

OMG Celia if you're such a tech wiz why can't you just hit the back button?

I'm confused, I'm on episode 3 of AMC and why did Opal delete Celia's file?

OMG Celia if you're such a tech wiz why can't you just hit the back button?

LOL don't read my last post, I just realized why.

• Members

To orchestrate some nonsense between "lovebirds in the making" Celia and Pete, I think. Opal will rue the day she did that, too, when she sees what kind of psycho hose beast Celia turns out to be.

• Members

Not yet. But that's our hunch. wink.png

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be awesome to see Celia do stuff like pull out a voodoo doll resembling Colby that she'll poke and prod and rip to shreds.

Archived