AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This guy seems great! Way better than Jacob Young. Jacob who?

Watching this clip was really sad for me though because it's like a slap in the face from the show to Stephanie Gatschet (and Cornelius Smith Jr for that matter, if he wasn't approached). Like "Hey, Madison and Frankie, we're not bringing you back, but we're bringing back the guy you had a 3-minute scene with to star as JR Chandler. Cool?"

Also I got a buzz seeing the words

"Written by

David Kreizman

Donna Swajeski"

in the clip. I liked AMC under them, yeah, but moreso, seeing those names reminded me of happier times when I was watching their work, and Stephanie Gatschet come to think of it, on Guiding Light.

Will I ever get that feeling with the new AMC? We'll find out!

• Members

Apparently he was on Sweet Valley High back in the day and tons of other stuff too.

Someone up thread told you, Soapsuds, to watch the next episode of "Shameless" because he'll be on it and he might be naked. LOL I don't know where people come up with stuff.

• Members

Not too dramatic at all ... I've lost two soaps under Chris Goutman, with the second, ATWT, clearly being something Goutman had time to fix but let fall into disrepair. I too am worried he might be promoted. Blangiardo, Shure, Gundaker, all these people worked with him but are now kind of his boss.

Dramatic would be if DC gave him a mean nickname, called him "show killer Chris Goutman" repeatedly, and started saying AMC on Prospect Park wouldn't even last six months with him being there as a director or in any capacity.

• Members

So are they 30min, 4 days a week? That will add up to, without commercials, about 88 minutes... I think the cast they have for AMC is good for that, and too many more would be too many.

I am hopeful for both shows and willing to check them out and give them a shot, I do wish that AMC had a better group behind it though. But I like the casting choices so far and look forward to see them in action.

• Members

I get that feeling as well. I hope that both soaps have a multi-generational feel to them. I don't want to watch a teen soap in anyway. I want something similar to the UK soaps with modern filming techniques and storytelling, but still a multi-generational story. B&B got it's ratings up with younger characters, but they're still adults in their 20s and there is a mix of ages featured. I wouldn't mind something like that.

• Members

Recent PR regarding Going into Production:

In an announcement earlier this year, Prospect Park's The Online Network revealed its plans to re-introduce the beloved vanguard franchises, through a groundbreaking content deal that will bring premium first-run, broadcast-quality programming to a mass market audience via the Internet. Brand new 30-minute episodes of both "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" will be launched each weekday and available to stream online via the free Hulu.com service and to subscribers of Hulu Plus making these venerable dramas available in a new format that suits the viewing habits of the digital generation. In addition, the iTunes Store will offer both series via iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV and Mac or PC.

Archived