December 17-21, 2012: Great Week For GH

Toups

• Members

Days ratings are really sad but sadly deserved. The whole Kristen/John/Marlena/Brady storyline has been a big flop. Brady falling for Kristen has been a joke and an insult to viewers. Will/Gabi/Sonny/Nick story is another doozy...Sonny is dumb as dirt ....Will is dumb because he is dumb...and Nick and Gabi are so unlikeable as a insta couple and characters. Daniel and Jenn(Chick fla girl) ewwwwwwwwww...in so many ways.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad for GH! They are providing a very entertaining show with great returns, use of history and really taking time to develop characters. I have been saying this for awhile about GH. Ron came and really had a vision for the show. He knew he wanted to return to the hospital more and he has done that. He knew he wanted to tone down the mob-centric storylines and he has done that. He knew he wanted to return to adventure, mystery, and intrigue and he has done that! I'm not saying that GH is perfect but he is putting the formula right back in place and this is why GH is experiencing decent consistent ratings. It's only a matter of time before the ratings start to rise and threaten to take over B&B's spot as number 2. Especially if he keeps this up!

Now DAYS, my poor DAYS! My favorite soap of all time is doing terrible because everyone is right IT IS BORING! There is nothing really exciting happening. Tomsell have come back and decided to push the same crap they were peddling when they were first their writing which got them FIRED! And they need to be FIRED AGAIN! Boring couples, no real storyline development, character development, holes within the storylines and interactions...everything is isolated! They have no idea what to do and it shows! I'm not saying that everything was perfect with MarDar but there show was way more entertaining then it is now. I felt there was movement! There were family interactions, more character interactions, everyone seem to know what was going on. It was more cohesive. Yes, there were errors in some spots here and there, but the show had a sense of the real DAYS. Right now DAYS is a mess. The return of Kristen was a great idea, but still very poorly executed. She should have came back in a blaze of thunder...not how they "intended" her to portray as some mild meek mannered facade. And now they want to amp her up and start bringing out the crazy side. To me it's too little too late. Her return was wasted and did nothing for the raitings. When you plan to bring back a character like that who caused so much trouble, you bring her back with a BOOM! The promos were terrible that focused on her return and it has generated no buzz! This whole Brady/Kristen thing is ridiculous. In no way if written correctly would Brady be falling for Kristen especially after all the things he know she did to his family. And Brady, the writers have no idea what to do with! First he's an addict under their regime, and now he's an idiot under their regime. At least under MarDar he was a businessman and a flirt to get the attention of Madison. I liked how they wrote him then because he seemed more like a hero and going after what he wanted.

Don't get me started on the ultra boring pairing of Daniel and Jennifer that these two again are trying to force on screen. MarDar had it right when they brought back Jack to come in between the two and ultimately win! The only thing that was missing was a little more of the bickering between the two like in the past. Jack should have been doing a lot more to try and get Jennifer to confess her feelings of love to him like Jennifer did to Jack. But Tomsell came in and destroyed that! Jennifer and Daniel were boring when they were first a couple and are even more boring now! There is no chemistry there but yet they want to force it! I could go on and on about this terrible pairing, but I don't have the hours and hours it would take to tell you how terrible a couple they are.

Nick and Gabi are exactly what someone else said "insta-couple" that we are supposed to root for. I get what they were trying to do by pairing two characters who were considered "town pariahs" by only a few because of their actions, BUT they missed the boat with these two. Two days into kissing each other, they were claiming how much they were in love. I mean REALLY, COME ON! But not only that, there is little chemistry there. Gabi should have continued on the villainess road. I liked the writers giving her a darkside and I think they should have kept on with that. I think there was so much that could have been done with her and DAYS need a new young vixen who could stir up trouble. Nick was an okay idea to have him come back but I still don't get his purpose! What do they plan to do with him? Now if their intention was to have two people who were somewhat sinister and then fall into bed a few times for pleasure as they seek pain on others, I would go for it because it then that reminds me of Emma Donovan and Alex Marshall teaming up together when they got married and wreaking some havoc in the process.

Tomsell have done things to DAYS again that leave fans scratching their heads! Not only that, but have put the show in such a bad position which could really lead to NBC cutting their loses and that's what pisses me off:

*Killing off EJ/Nicole's baby

*recycling this whole Rafe/Sami/EJ love triangle

*putting EJ and Sami back in each other's orbit for romance (YUCK, just me, can't stand the couple)

*how Bo was written off

*No real use for Stefano

*Not using Kate and Lucas

*Not pairing Sami and Lucas back up

*Lack of Jennifer and Abby grieving over the loss of Jack

*the BORING JENNIFER AND DANIEL PAIRING

and so much more! I don't want to think of this being the year DAYS gets cancelled, but I might have to face up to the reality because I don't see any change coming!

• Members

I agree with basically everything you've said about Days. With regards to what others have posted here, I was a longtime, very passionate viewer of Days, but Gary Tomlin and company have managed to turn that passion into complete apathy. No one else has ever done that. There were times under JER's reigns that I was so angry about storylines that I could have strangled him, but not once was I ever driven to apathy. It would take a bonafide miracle for me to tune into Days at this point. If they get cancelled and leave Tomlin in charge, I have severe doubts that I'd even tune in for the final episode - that's how badly he has soured me on Salem.

• Members

Days isnt bad, its HORRIBLE! Its a sad excuse of a show. Who are the idiots that keep thinking people we want to see Daniel..EARTH TO CORDAY..EVERYONE HATES THAT CHARACTER! Now we are hearing that Parker is going to be his dead, yep...this show is officially done! i trully expect NBC to cancel it this year.

• Members

He hasn't changed a thing, which means Corday doesn't believe anything is wrong. Musical writers isn't working. Corday has to stop filming 3 months in advance to begin, and as someone else pointed out, take on an admin role and leave the creative stuff to the creative individuals. Some may not agree, but it's time to send Sami off for a long time because no one can concentrate with this character on canvas. She is eating up way too much airtime and AS is not even a really good actress. I think it's ridiculous that she is consistently forced on an audience that is so over her.

• Members

AS isn't going anywhere, NBC loves her.

It isn't even Sami that's the problem its the fact that she is a heroine and aside from Nicole feels like the only woman in her age range. If Carrie and/or Belle were on canvas I don't think she'd be that bad but EJ/Sami/Rafe Part 55 is not exciting!

Why the f-ck do EJ/Sami want each other after all the sh-t they have done to each other!

• Members

Corday can´t do a thing until the show is renewed. He had his chance and the reset failed due his cheapness. If he hired some truly capable HWs instead of some noname friends of his new EP things could be different. But Sony and NBC were always nervous about the reset and it´s clear they forced Corday to backtrack as soon as the reset proved to be a failure. Now, everybody is in waiting mode. Corday was promissed a renewall so he will stay away no matter what. And Sony and Bruce Evans from NBC (who is reportedly the one pushing his vision onto the show right now) bet everything on Tomlin so they can just pray his Jan and Feb numbers will be good enough for the show to survive. The outcomes can be two:

A. NBC renewes the show and Corday immediatelly starts to get involved again, the same he did with JER2 when the SSK hype started dying out back in 2003

B. NBC has enough and just cancels the show no matter what promisses they gave Corday or Bruce Evans (who is not the top enough executive who will ultimately make the decision so trying to please just him and don´t care about the audience can prove to be a doubleedged sword)

Things have to be very itchy because NBC is obviously postponing their final verdict again and again.

Archived