December 17-21, 2012: Great Week For GH

Toups

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a great week for B&B as well. DAYS and Y&R are really lagging in terms of entertainment. I truly believe if Y&R was good it could still be over 5 million and we all know when DAYS gives their fans reason to be passionate, they always tune in.

• Members

That year to year number for Y&R is sickening to look at. A drop of more than a half million? They have some work to do.

Those GH dailies are insane. Up, down, up, down. Those are exactly the type of numbers that fanbases love to grab onto for credit and blame.

• Members

With Y&R I will give JFP/JG more time. They only have been at helm three months and it does take time for a new regime to make their mark. FV/RC were not going gangbusters first 2 months out, it took awhile. DAYS on the other hand what a snoozefest its become. The show is so BORING to watch. Chris/Gary are writing a dull show. With all the great head writers out of work why can't they choose some better writers who can bring much more excitement to the show. I found it more watchable under MARDAR.

• Members

GH Ratings for Tuesday were 3,062,000 that proves that people will still watch soaps if you give them a reason to watch. It almost makes me sad that GH is the only soap up in every category. All other soaps are down. As for Y&R I think it has been improving. I am currently watching today's episode and it has been pretty good and yesterday's was good. Y&R has greatly improved. I now see a serious show whereas when MAB wrote the show it was cheesy. DAYS, oh poor DAYS I don't even have words. I agree with the statement that DAYS fans are passionate and will watch with good story. About a year and a half ago they were getting over 3 million viewers and some days the show reached as high as 3.6 million. Let's hope the show improves and the fans tune back in.

• Members

And not 24 hours later, 500k tuned out. Tuesday proved that people are curious. Lucy's arrival probably made them curious but not enough to tune back in the next day. I'll say it again - FRon cannot maintain an increase/audience for 5 consecutive days. Look at BB compared to GH. That's consistency, and it shows you have the audience's attention and not just for stunts.

• Members

I would be willing to bet the days of the week with the lowest ratings were probably days when Maxie, Spinelli, Ellie, Dante, Lulu, Connie and that whole group were featured. I think FRon need to take note. They need to look at why over 3 million people tuned in one day but only 2.5 million tuned in the next. If they would take note then maybe they could achieve some consistent ratings. But of course they won't do that because I know good and well they are self absorbed like MAB and think all their material is fabulous. Lol

• Members

That's not necessarily true. While I'd love to believe that no one wants to see Maxie, Spin, Kawny, etc, you have to ask yourself: what happened or did not happen Tuesday to make 500k viewers lose interest in 24 hours? There was one eppy not so long ago that I really liked and was slightly anticipated the following eppy, and just I suspected, NOTHING! We were back to rotting garbage.

But I agree that FRon and MAB are too self absorbed to believe their crap is no good. It's the audience fault we don't like their chit.

Archived