2013: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

well Kay Alden yes I heard it from the D&W Thread.. but the whole Daytime Writer being fired was teased by Nelson... if this is true, can she go back to Y&R..

I agree I wish it was Ron, it was funny I got into it on Twitter with someone about Ron and Frank again, especially since there is this rumor Sean Kanan was let go/fired

• Members

If we are to take the view that this item is true (seeing as it hasn't been reported anywhere else as yet):

As nice and cosy an idea it would be for Kay Alden to return to Y&R, I'm not sure the wigs there (and Jill Farren Phelps) are unhappy enough to want to get rid of Josh Griffith.

All supposition on my part, but IF she did find herself back at Y&R, who's to say she wouldn't be expected to follow Phelps and Griffith's brief as a Co-Head Writer?

• Members

In addition to the above, it has been said that Alden was let go for 'budget reasons' and that, rather curiously, CBS aren't in a hurry to renew the contracts of Phelps and Griffith, which are apparently up soon. This is from the same (as yet solitary) source.

Archived