Soap Opera Digest "Just My Opinion" One Life to Live

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! This woman borders on certifiable. While I completely agree that it was a mistake to cancel OLTL, that ship has sailed. The show's over, sets are broken up and or sold, they have no studio, no costumes, no crew. I don't believe that a daytime soap has ever been revived after being cancelled and off the air for a period of time. It just isn't gonna happen. Even ABC has addressed this issue by saying that ship has sailed and the decision has been made and they are not looking back.

• Members

What's the point of this Robin storyline since KMC is not long term? What's the point of making Tomas and Alcazar one in the same? What's was the point of Kate having a son? Why did Faison put all of Sonny's money in Kristina's name? Why did he shoot Jason? Please this show is just plot points and nostalgia masquerading as good storytelling.

And BTW not everyone who dislikes Cartooni loved Guza

• Members

If she did, she's a delusional idiot who apparently didn't learn anything from the fact that soaps have been losing audience for years. How many soaps were canceled before OLTL? How many new soaps were created? That tells you right there how valuable any of the networks find soap operas.

Honestly, at this point I have no sympathy for anyone foolish enough to let the likes of Hinsey and Branco jerk them around. Anybody who thinks OLTL is coming back deserves to be exploited by every hack and charlatan who wants to take a shot at them. I hope someone starts a "Revive OLTL" fund and actually starts shaking these fools down for money.

• Members

What made DirecTV think Passions of all shows would get them a ton of new subscribers?? By the time it finished it's run on NBC it had a 1.3 household rating and about 1.6 million viewers. I could understand it if Y&R was cancelled and they picked it up because it had almost 6 million viewers at the time. But Passions? I'm honestly surprised it was around for another year. Plus once it moved to DirecTV the stories were some of the most ridiculous, nasty and stupid stories in the shows entire history.

• Members

I agree. I'll admit I would like for AMC and OLTL to come back but I'm not ignorant. That is not happening. Time to move on and enjoy the four that are left. Maybe one day down the road a network will launch a new soap but AMC and OLTL are in soap heaven and people need to realize ABC isn't going to bring them back. But you do know that if some miracle happened and ABC did bring them back we would have every OLTL on this board saying "I Told you so!" lmao!

Archived