GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

The thing is, the one thing I cared about (kinda) Kate/Connie in this whole mess was the revelation she had a son, even if Connie and not Kate somehow bonded with that--that would be to me a much more emotionally interesting angle than what we're getting. It's such a waste--why did they even bring it up?

(Then again I can never make sense of Ron's convulated storytelling when he tries to mix different stories--it was the same on One Life--like the whole Faison thing. So Faison was funding Jerry Jaxx's cancer or whatever research, and to do that Jerry had to poison the water of the town (which he did for Anna too, though Faison loves Anna), and to do that they both hired randomly Mr Trey Dad/Rapist, but way way back before Jerry, or was it Faison had insurance by staging a fake Robin death, and ummmmmm am I missing something?)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think RS put it best. As opposed to an emotionally charged story where Kate faces her son and her DID and move forward, the moment was used as an "a ha" to bring out Connie because, as you know, women can't handle chit! We are emotional wrecks! Ron will always pass on the opportunity to write, so he provides clown characters because the audience always gets a kick out of that. I liked Trey, hoped he'd be away from Starr and given a chance to develop into a worthwhile character. Instead he's gone because they changed their minds. Novice writers put everything that pops into their heads to paper, which is why they have to retcon so damn much - Ron, I'm talking about you!

Archived