GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

God, I miss the days when we actually discussed things with WORDS! ;) Now we're just trying to out-do each other with gifs postings. *head explodes* It gets really annoying when there's just a constant stream of gifs. A little moderation goes a long way. Also being tactful with them will help too and make it less redundant.

On to GH.......another great Friday cliffhanger! Loved the look on Anna's face when she saw Faison. Can't wait til Monday.

• Members

GIFs were boring a while ago. I use them very sparsely, and almost never towards other people.

I tend to believe that when it's nothing but pages of GIFs - on any board, mind - that it's just a symptom of the actual poster unable to muster the same wit they're subjectively projecting onto Mildly Appropriate Pop Culture Gif #24601. It just gets vapid.

• Administrator

It doesn't mean you always have to post them, especially when they don't add anything to the discussion. Some of them are even rude gifs directed at other members and I think we should stop that. Replying to a gif, with a gif, then another person jumps in with another gif.......there's just no need for that. I really think it's getting out of hand. All I'm asking is to just use them in moderation.

• Members
+1! Thats why I love this board! I am constantly taking "Screenshot" pictures of these SON "Gif"Fights so I can laugh later on. I also send them to people when they are REAL enjoyable! BTW, your the best at this GIF thing and I am falling more in love with NeNe by the minute!

Archived