GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

How was it bull? We don't know and never will. GIving Brenda a baby under any circumstance is ludicrous, but for the sake of soapy goodness, Brenda returning to the love her life only to learn that she bore his grandchild? In the right hands, that some good chit. Back in the day, that would have given story for years. VM's reason for "putting her foot down" were ridiculous, and if she cared anything about the genre, she would have played ball. She's a mildly talented played out diva who still has not learned.

She won? lol I honestly don't know anything beyond him ridiculously suing her, but I still like to make fun of it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I won't throw rocks at you! I actually agree that it had all the ingredients to be a very soapy plot. Much better than the anti-climatic, lame secrets we got. However, the execution of the story had the potential to be totally bungled and I am glad we avoided it. Like I have stated, Brenda is my favorite and S&B is one of my favorite couples, so I am more invested in the little integrity the character and pairing had left than potential soapy goodness. It's totally the biased fangirl in me and had it been different characters I would have probably said go for it. I guess my point is the payoff of a good sweeps reveal wasn't worth the damage it would have done to Dante, Sonny, and Brenda. The story would have been all about Sonny's betrayal and Sonny's hurt feelings and how horrible Dante and Brenda were and I just don't think that's something I could have stomached watching.

• Members

What dayplayer? We never saw Alexander.

And what really would have made it rock is that after Carly's antics at the wedding, it was discovered in the middle of the wedding that Jax and not Dante was the child's father? I love (LW's) Carly more than so many things, but watching her head explode at that wedding? Hell yeah! I'm super happy that Carly gave Jax his only bio child, but I'm all for good soap twists, and Jax having cheated would have been madness!

• Members

LOL! She won and I believe the judge said the lawsuit was way beyond the statue of limitations to get money back, so he said she could actually get money to recoop her attorney fees from BAG.

In regards to the Brante situation, I answered above. Most of my dislike is totally fangirl based. I also don't believe Guza could be trusted to make it a good story. I agree that actors shouldn't refuse a storyline for the most part, but it worked for my agenda so I am fine with it. I really don't think VM's intentions were bad, as I really think she was trying to protect the integrity of the character, but she is not a writer and I get your point. Is she a diva? Probably, but I am just saying it works for me and the majority of Brenda fans, I think.

• Members

What should've happened was Brenda coming back to town to support her BFF during her time of marital crisis along with Alec, who should've been Jax's in the first damn place. That secret would've come out during the S&B wedding, S&B would've gotten married anyway, and the marital strife would've occured in the form of Sonny struggling to accept the fact that Brenda's son is Jax's in spite of the fact that Brenda had chosen him as her husband. Brenda's exit would've been based on her realization that Sonny couldn't find it in himself to love her child and her choosing her child over him for that reason - which would've made her last scene with Jax on the plane all the more poignant and hopeful.

• Members

I'll fully cop to being a die-hard S&B fan (yes, even after the fuckery Guza put me through), but I thought that the chemistry was still alive and well between Brenda and both men during both subsequent stints - all the more reason why Jax should've had more to do with her return than being Slagbeast roadkill.

Another thing that chapped my ass (other than my girl being bombarded by these catty heifers instead of sharing regular heart-to-heart talks with Robin) was the fact that we weren't even treated to a scene of Brenda meeting Robin's miracle, Emma. You'd think that after all those two had been through with Robin being diagnosed with HIV and being unsure if she'd live long enough to have a child that there'd be a scene of the two best friends marveling at how far Robin had come from those dark and uncertain days.

• Members

Agree 100% in regards to Robin/Brenda/Emma.

In regards to J&B vs. S&B, I love them both, but S&B has the edge in my book. I still think the actors had chemistry, but the story seemed so lost at times. I believe Brenda is the love of Sonny's life and always will be and I saw their amazingness first hand, but GH was TELLING us they were awesome, but not really showing us. I never really grasped why Brenda would want to be with Sonny after all he has done, except that I witnessed their story in the 90's and the characters had chemistry. I am not going to lie and say I didn't eat it up with a spoon but taking myself out of my S&B haze, I could see how the regular viewer could be 'meh' about their 2010 romance redux. J&B seemed fresher and less forced, but their scenes were few and far between so that helped. I feel like there is so much left unsaid between J&B that was never acknowledged, while S&B had decent closure in 2003. I at least expected some real discussion about J&B's non-wedding. It was always very forced to believe Brenda was pining for Sonny for 7-8 yrs when her life seemed fairly fufilling and they hadn't been together for well over a decade. Watching Brenda come to town for whatever reason and then watching them re-connect would have been the way to go, as opposed to being told this was something both had wanted for YEARS when we had seen Sonny virtually forget all about Brenda for the last decade.

• Members

I thought the story was ridiculous for S&B cause Luza rewrote it like Sonny had been pining away for Brenda all that time when he hadn't been, he hadn't even given her a second thought in years

I think the baby being Jax's would have made more sense, and could have fueled story for S/B/J for years to come.

• Members

He was kinda hot, no? I recall being more intrigued by him in two minutes of flashbacks than I ever was over the actual Balkan. Any mastemind criminal that spends three years assuming fake identities with his wife to infiltrate Brenda's life is super lame. I am pretty sure Adrienne Barbeau could have shot her dead the minute she met her. I refuse to believe anyone would spend that amount of time creating false personas and wacky accents to get revenge on person.

Archived