Song lyrics that annoy/bug you

Eric83

• Members

I started this b/c of one song and it has annoyed me for ages.

In Whitney Houston's It's Not Right, But It's Ok when she says "if six of y'all went out, then four of you were really cheap, because only two of you had dinner, I saw your credit card receipt." The man in question would have had all six dinners on a receipt for what reason? Lol. He could have been paying for a friend. I know it sounds corny lol, but it has always annoyed me.

Do you guys have any?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The lyrics to "Hot & Cold" drive me insane, for crudeness (on more than one level), although thanks to fanvid watching, the song is one that I can't get out of my head.

I hate everything about "Mony Mony," but especially the "yeah...yeah...yeah...I say yeah...yeah...yeah."

• Members

Let's be honest: many songs from Whitney Houston's catalog are hampered by trite and/or confusing lyrics.

Meanwhile, ladies and gentlemen, it's been, what, seven years? And I still don't know what a "Hollaback Girl" is. And I'm afraid I never will.

• Members

From "The Name Game"...

"But if the first two letters are ever the same, drop them both and say the name. Like Bob. Bob! Drop the B's, Bo-ob. Fred. Fred! Drop the F's, Fo-red. And Mary, Mary, drop the M's, Mo-ary! And that's the only rule that is contrary."

No. If the first two letters are ever the same, you drop the second one, not both of them.

• Members

Beyonce's "Irreplaceable"

"And keep talking that mess, that's fine...But could you walk and talk at the same time?"

Um, yes Beyonce. Its not that hard bitch!

Another one from Single Ladies... "I could care less what you think"

So you do care? Lol it is supposed to be couldn't.

Better yet, just drop the heffa who wrote that stupid song in the first damn place.

:lol:

• Members

Beyonce's "Irreplaceable"

"And keep talking that mess, that's fine...But could you walk and talk at the same time?"

Um, yes Beyonce. Its not that hard bitch!

LMAO!

I always thought she meant, yes, keep saying the stupid things you're saying but at least walk out while you're saying them! LOL :lol:

Another one from Single Ladies... "I could care less what you think"

So you do care? Lol it is supposed to be couldn't.

laugh.png

+1 It never makes sense to me when people say "I could care less"

• Members

These qualify more as just stupid lyrics and I know if I really give it a bit more thought that I could come up with a pretty long list of nonsensical lyrics but I'll go with these for now:

Toni Braxton will never breathe again. I think I want to see that sort of thing happen like I'll die without you because sometimes I'm thinking go ahead and die when you stop breathing genius.

The other is one I heard while I was driving on Sunday and for once the artist was named so I know that it's a song by NeYo and he sang something along the lines of "let me love you until you learn to love yourself," which made me ask what happens then? Do you stop loving her? How hard would it have been to make some sense by saying "let me teach/show you how to love yourself?" Then again, maybe she'll never learn to love herself in which case he can go on loving her indefinitely.

• Members
The other is one I heard while I was driving on Sunday and for once the artist was named so I know that it's a song by NeYo and he sang something along the lines of "let me love you until you learn to love yourself," which made me ask what happens then? Do you stop loving her? How hard would it have been to make some sense by saying "let me teach/show you how to love yourself?" Then again, maybe she'll never learn to love herself in which case he can go on loving her indefinitely.

This one has had me wondering too.

Also, "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne:

"When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you. When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing, too. When you're gone, all the words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it okay. I miss you."

Um.............WTF?

• Members

Oh I LOVE It's Not Right, But It's Okay. It is ghetto fabulous! I LOVE those 90s pop and R&B songs with lyrics like that. Kandi writes like that. From Man Up, "Give me something I can take to the bank or to the pawn shop. Stingy ass nigga's get dropped like my door stop." I see how that could annoy some, but it just adds to the fierceness for me lol.

• Members
Let's be honest: many songs from Whitney Houston's catalog are hampered by trite and/or confusing lyrics. Meanwhile, ladies and gentlemen, it's been, what, seven years? And I still don't know what a "Hollaback Girl" is. And I'm afraid I never will.

Fear no more, for it is a girl who refuses to trash talk back to someone who is trashing them.

Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" "And keep talking that mess, that's fine...But could you walk and talk at the same time?" Um, yes Beyonce. Its not that hard bitch!

But i think that is the point, no? Keep talking that mess, thats fine, but could you say it while your walking away from me please. Thats how i always took it.

• Members

Not annoying as much as lame:

"I feel the wind, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, begin, I sit on Hills like Laur-yn..." Missy! :lol:

"One, you're like a dream come true

Two, just wanna be with you

Three, girl, it's plain to see

That you're the only one for me

And Four, repeat steps one through three..." !? Naw mothafukka, you got to do betta din dat!

Archived