Y&R- Brenda Epperson WANTS to RETURN!!

• Members

I agree. When Eileen first returned, she was in the lab all the time, wearing those damn glasses that I'd NEVER seen Ashley wear in the lab. Don't care if Eileen's Ashley wore them or if she was just trying to distinguish herself, they were so annoying. She'd take them on & off so much it was like the episode of "NewsRadio" where everyone is just counting how many time Dave picks up his coffee cup and puts it back down instead of paying attention to the meeting.

That's what I was like with those glasses. It was so distracting and not in character with the Ashley I'd been watching for a decade. DeeeDee, correct me if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't count it out. This is the first time that the character has been free that Brenda is ready and willing to return. If TPTB took notice and understood how easily the fans would accept her (and how much cheaper she'd come than Eileen), I think they'd go for it. I'd LOVE to see her chem tested with Stephen Nichols. Too bad Don's Brad is gone. Now that's a GAPING hole that also needs to be filled honestly.

Seriously, the Y&R characters I miss most day to day are Brad, Drucilla, Brenda's Ashley, and Heather Tom's Victoria. Having any combination of them back would elevate Y&R enormously, though I can't see anyone but Brenda EVER returning. I'd love to see she & Nina Arveson return and have story together. That would give Doug Davidson story as well.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YES!!!!! I'm praying that not far in the distant future that She will come back. I also have to agree that the show is still not up to par with what i hope the new regime would do, but then again it's difficult to clean up the big pile of mess Maria left. I still have my fingers cross that this will change over time.

Anyways they would first have to get rid of Tucker, I DO NOT want Ashley to go back to Tucker with Brenda in the role.

Second, as someone else said, yes indeed bring the iconic Jabot lab set back!!!!

Too bad that also Diana Barton retired from acting (she has her own cosmetics company out now....coincidence? LOL) cause i would have liked for them to bring back Mari Jo, and have her battle with Ashley again.

• Members

There's such a sweetness to Brenda's portrayal though. I could never picture her stealing sperm.

And damn was Davidson awkward-looking during her first Y&R stint up until mid-way through her first DAYS stint.

I think Epperson was prettier than Davidson was during her first stint on the show. It took a LONG time for Davidson to grow into her looks and to be styled properly.

• Members

I don't think Ashley needed to be warm when Bill Bell was writing for the character, as he adored her and understood her. But once it was just Kay Alden, and then Jack Smith, that coldness cut like a knife, and cut very deep.

Eileen was warmer this last time, but Ashley had no purpose on the show.

• Members

Where to begin? She was terrible, awkward, had zero chemisty with any of the actors she worked with, looked nothing like Ashley, could never figure out who the character was, much less put her own stamp on it, and started with the tail-end of the Blade story, which was all Brenda's and she played so well, as seen her.

She also sucked the life out of every scene she was in, had no chemistry with her love interests (Cole Howard anyone?) and for the brief time they interacted, had zero chemistry and played none of the history with Don Diamont's Brad, which was a HUGE part of Ashley's throughline under Brenda. Bill Bell may have taken his time, but it was made abundantly clear that he saw Brad/Ashley as endgame and probably why they finally ended up marrying when Eileen came back. Problem was the actress he really sparked with, more than any other in the history of the show IMO, was Brenda and they never were given the chance for them to be a real couple. So to have to suffer through Sherri and still wait until a year into Eileen's stint for them to finally get together was torturous and wrong and it didn't work because Don & Eileen's chemistry couldn't touch Don & Brenda's. It's probably why the characters of Brad and Ashley never did and still don't have an endgame coupling- they were supposed to be each other's but I truly believe Eileen's Ashley is incapable of having chemistry with a man, save her 1st go-round with Victor when she 1st returned.

I know I'm in the minority but I LOVE Tucker and Stephen NIchols' Tucker. I really think that Brenda Epperson could be just the spark he needs to finally catch fire. Can you imagine a Jill/Tucker/Ashley triangle? People often forget that Brenda's Ashley shared lots of story with Jill when she was married to John (again) and how much chemistry Brenda & Jess Walton had. I'd kill to see them work together again. They were my main reasons for tuning in when I started Y&R in 1992.

I HATED Patch. Always have, always will. And I'm sorry, but I just LOVE Nichols as Tucker, far more than Aunt Jack and Grandpa Victor.

I disagree with that assessment. I believe it was a natural progression and the show needed a true heroine in the 90s. Brenda's Ashley was the ONLY character on the canvas that fit that mold and I think that's why she was made the heroine of the show. They tried with Lauren at 1st with the Sheila story and failed miserably (Sheila was the real star of that storyline and what made it great is most of the things she said to and about Lauren were true. So they handed the role to Brenda and she excelled in it and became popular. Ashley was already one of the smartest characters on the show- to make her the voice of reason and the heroine only made sense.

TOTAL WORD to this. I'm sorry but Eileen was just hideous until Kristen turned evil. Those thick black eyebrows, that greasy hair, the unattractive mole that was always accentuated as if it were a beauty mark, the unkempt unshowered look- she was a filthy mess during this time and can't believe that Don Diamont even looked her way, let alone dated her during this period. Maybe she just didn't translate well onscreen? Either way, her looks and acting were grating, and the obvious pinnacle of this was her stint on 'Santa Barbara.'

She didn't start looking good to me until Kristen turned evil and started seducing John in skimpy lingerie. Her body was amazing, but her face below average. Then suddenly, she returned to Y&R and was stunning and IMO, one of the most stunning women on soaps today. She's lucky to have aged so beautifully.

• Members

The only Ashley I want back is Eileen Davidson.

I don't get all the love for Brenda Epperson, and I never felt comfortable watching her in the role. Just because she's available (gee, I'm glad her schedule finally opened up!) doesn't mean Ashley should be rushed back on to the canvas.

ED's stint will end at DAYS (or DAYS will end first), and then I want Davidson back at Y&R where she belongs.

• Members

I've never really felt like Eileen belonged at Y&R since her 1999 return. I can't think of anything she did in those years that I enjoyed. I can think of two stories she had which are among my most hated ever (sperm theft, fetus fireplace). It's too bad, as I did like her on DAYS, and I can see her talent. But Ashley as a character just hasn't worked in many years. I think Brenda's run was the last time, even if they never really figured out her place on the show.

Archived