GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can I just say how happy I was yesterday to hear a mention of my man Max Holden's name yesterday? wub.png

I don't want to upset the GH fans, and I may be the only person here who never watched AMC ever (regularly, that is--I saw bits and pieces before OLTL and some old episodes on Soapnet), but I've missed him for so long that it made me happy to hear his name again.

• Members

Be grateful. If they had, there's no telling what hot mess references they would make. Instead, thanks to Skye we know that Stuart is alive and well and has a art exhibition opening soon. (Oh Skye while you're there perhaps you could visit Myrtle's grave.) Honestly, I have a hard time crediting Ron for even that much. I like to believe that some thoughtful script writer gave that line to Skye.

• Members

Re: that book. How successful are these real world crossover marketing ploys? Do they actually make money? This reminds me of these two National Book Award winners:

9781401303075.jpg9781401301569.gif

I remember Charm got some buzz even to the point of being reviewed in the NY Times and I actually found The Killing Club on the shelf at my local library. (Yes, really.) Frankly I'm getting flashbacks to "Shop the Soaps." The book thing is probably cheaper now thanks to e-readers so maybe it doesn't cost them much to do this.

Archived