K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Absolutely!

The second group talk they did was so entertaining. I didn't know what they were saying but it was so funny. They really know how to work the crowd. LOL. Seungri & GD are fun together. Daesung always seems a bit awkard. He's like the odd one out but I do like his soulful voice.

You weren't kidding about Taeyang/the Bad Boy performance. It was great!

And that was a beautiful performance of my favorite song "Blue" That track is just perfection for me. The melody gets to me every time. And as you said before Cheap It's riveting seeing TOP go slower. GD too, the way he opens the song is amazing!

Whoever did the styling of the girls hair during "Aint No Fun" did an embarrassing job!

Taeyang's solo was smooth. Very nice! What were the songs he sang?

Daesungs solo was cute, IDK about him having the white wings and floating in the air though. LMAO!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

The last few group performances were fantastic. Overall a wonderfully produced show, I didn't have any problem w/it except for some of the unfortunate hair choices! My favorite parts were Fantastic Baby, How Gee and ofcourse Seungri's solo. I really wish I could see him sing "White Love" live though, I freaking LOVE that song

The Haru Haru performance was also a standout. Thanks Cheap I'm really warming up to these guys biggrin.png

• Members

Yeah Bad Boy was definetly a fave of mine. Here's the dance!

tumblr_m1hadopec41rsyqavo1_500.gif

It gets me every time

LOL...I kinda like the Aint No Fun hair. Its stupid but I think thats what they are going for bc the song is silly

Taeyang sang Only Look at Me, Where U At and Wedding Dress

Well Daesung's song is called Wings, so I guess he figured he had to incorporate it into there somehow...lol. That song has grown on me after initially not caring for it

And no problem, and Im glad you enjoyed it!

Seungri needs to have his own concert, but I guess he needs more solo material before that can happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8_sRSizc0M

Have you heard this song before? Its one of his first. His voice is pretty good in it

tumblr_miqekzTDH41s5e34ho1_500.gif

tumblr_miqekzTDH41s5e34ho2_500.gif

Jurmy, Im so jurmy, Im so jurmy (I have no idea if thats what they are saying) LOL. BTW, I loved Taeyang's jacket during this

tumblr_midohwInBw1s5e34ho1_500.gif

AMAZING!

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Thanks I really enjoyed those songs especially Wedding Dress & Only Look at Me! Only Look at Me's video is CUTE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bRrGsNymUI

I just can't get into Daesung...I'll keep trying!

And no I have not heard that Seungri song! It's nice!I wonder why that wasn't on the VVIP album which I listen to religiously. It must've been on one of the earlier Bigbang CD's.

• Members

Only Look at Me. wub.png I dont know if you've ever gotten a chance to see his 2010 Solar concert but he sings it there and that performance really shows off his range as a singer. If not, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlox5dEe_ao

4:51 - 5:25 is EVERYTHING to me

Im with you on Daesung. I try but cant with him either. It takes me a LONG time to warm up this material whereas I instantly love the other guy's work

Seungri's song The Next Day was on Big Bang's first album, Bigbang Vol.1

• Members

Okay just watching the Japan show now. Since its in Japan, I love that they do english version of some of their songs. Like with Tonight, I prefer the english rap over the korean one. It weird hearing them change the lyrics to japanese though as in those cases i prefer the korean since thats what Im used to.

tumblr_mjfre46qm31ryk9p5o1_500.gif

I love how these are most of the same songs as the Seoul show but they are done completely different so that it really is a different experience. They defninetly dont stay the same which is a good thing bc i love how they switch things up so you dont know what to expect. BTW, I love that graphic in the lower left hand corner that displays the song name

I loved the dancing they did during Stupid Liar, especially that skipping when GD first does his verse

tumblr_mirn9nTY6P1rmsboxo1_500.gif

OMG, TOP's eyes during Fantastic Baby were freaky. Im glad it only lasted one song, but I will say he at least looked fierce. BTW, I love his haircut. Im so glad he went back to his natural black bc you know I wasnt a fan of the teal for Alive

tumblr_mja57kuH0W1qgjdzoo1_500.gif
tumblr_mjgha7Abau1rmsboxo1_500.gif
tumblr_mja3b7uuuQ1qgjdzoo1_500.gif

tumblr_mjm1v6F4Pt1qdqbz6o1_500.gif

Knockout was AMAZING! I love how TOP came out on his record throne sitting like a king. GD had so much energy as usual for High High. Not a fan of the red hair but it beats the long part he had for most of the Alive promotion. LMAO, I have to make that top image my avatar

tumblr_mja7pq02m41qdhsnjo3_250.gif

Seungri....lol, was not expecting a rock remix of What Can I do. He looks a bit older and mature here even though its only been a few months. Maybe its the outfit and hair (which I kinda like). I think he did better dancing in the Seoul show but he does better singing here

tumblr_mj86m1hUpc1qgjdzoo1_500.gif

Im surprised they did How Gee and Number 1 bc both seemed to be among the more forgotten songs from their earlier albums that they kinda retired. Glad to see them making a comeback. Speaking of How Gee, I always love when they perform while driving those little scooters around

tumblr_miri88DvaM1ryk9p5o1_500.gif

Awww, TOP was tearing up during Love Song. Felt very emotional. The singing during this and Blue was really good. As mentioned before, its always great to see him and GD switch it up and do singing instead of rapping

OMG, they performed Feeling! That song is perfection. It has such a good uplifting vibe to it. They did this in the middle, but really they could have ended the show with it. I cant seem to find that anywhere but they did it here and Im glad they added it to the setlist. I loved how he guys were all at different parts of the stage during the opening part and then came together. Reminded of how Beast do alot of their concerts. They also added Monster to this. Ive never seen them perform it before. Only thing missing was Round and Round. I wasnt a big fan of any of the outfits the guys wore during this batch of songs. Seungri looked the best out of the bunch...lol

tumblr_mhh3zvWtpH1rlnqhto1_500.jpg

Okay, now let me talk about Taeyang. I HATED his hair. It was so awesome before so why did he have to do this? It looks so stupid! Its a good thing he can sing and sing he can! I think I prefer his solo performance here as he does more singing

tumblr_mi4d2t20111r4f90ro1_500.jpg

I really liked the slower remix that Daesung did of Wings. I also really liked his hair. Not sure what that color was though. Wasnt quite blonde but kinda was. Almost looked like a sliverish light blue at times

hV6zVDJ.png?1

How fly did Mr. V.I. lookin his suit and scarf? Im really digging him with that suave hair. He pretty much led this talk session like a boss. I had no clue what he was saying but I liked just looking at him

tumblr_mj58zm5Aar1qjnysgo1_500.gif

I love when they did that during Last Farewell.

"Can we get an encore, do you want more? Can we get an encore, do you want more? What the hell are you waiting for?" laugh.png

Koe wo kikasete is such a beautiful song. it was cool how they were singing that on top of those two buses.

tumblr_mentmvF3E91ryk9p5o2_500.gif

LMAO

tumblr_meo5foLtQO1rpq7m2o3_r5_250.giftumblr_meo5foLtQO1rpq7m2o4_r1_250.gif

LOL...this must be in the behind the scenes stuff from the DVD as I didnt see it in the video. LMAO...TOP got him good

Overall amazing show. Seungri was the MVP of the Seoul show but in Japan it was all about TOP for me. Man I love these guys

• Members

No problem. That gif of Seungri is actually after his solo. Here is how he looked during his songs

2r4nz4m.jpg

I liked the outfit!

2a80002.gif

I was able to make a gif of the Stupid Liar skipping. I love that!

OTJVjhh.jpg

I forgot to mention that I love Café and how the other guys are pretty much T.O.P's backup singers. He OWNS the stage during that performance

One thing that was disappointing though was that after it was done, I noticed they didn't sing Bad Boy! That's one of my favorite songs and its not included. I don't get why bc I saw a short clip of it on YT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQ5odEzSQ0

Guess they cut it from the TV version of the concert that we got and saved it for the DVD

Man I really need to watch more of their older concerts when I get the chance. Next up though for me is 2NE1's New Evolution Tour. I went ahead and saw a couple of the performances and it looks to be a good show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSuKndskVP8

pS353PV.jpg?1

check out Dara's new hair. She's killing it with the half shaved look

tumblr_m10a9v9oxr1qblw3lo1_500.gif

OMG, I need to find the original performance. That gif is hilarious...lol

ETA: I was rewatching the show and caught Seungri doing this and Taeyang's like "yeah, that's Seungri."

34qjvwz.gif

LOL

Edited by Cheap21

• Members
biggrin.png Ive been watching bits and pieces of it a lot lately. I think at the end of the day I do prefer it over the Seoul show. Ive been trying to figure out ways to rip the audio to play on my iphone but haven't been able to get good sound quality yet