K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Ok I thoroughly enjoyed Daesung/Wings this go round icon1.gif

During that performance they showed several shots of the guys in the band playing their instruments. I think Taeyang might've gotten his hair tips from them...

All the guys are looking good right now all suited up in B&W! Except for Taeyang, he's just in his regular street clothes...LOL. Or, looking at the top more closely I guess that could be considered a suit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The last few performances were full of so much love & passion! Another fantastic show! Did I hear GD quote a Linkin Park/Jay Z song?! That was awesome! This show had more actual singing, I think the Seoul show had more lipsynching which I don't mind but It's nice to actually hear the guys voices naturally. It adds so much more emotion to their performances!

Gonna go make your mp3's, Cheap. I'll let you know when I finish cool.png

• Members

Haha, you finally liked a Daesung performance. It took me a long time to warm up to Wings and I kinda like it now.

I don't think I know that song so I didn't catch it. I love how at the end of Heaven they were announcing the band. That was so cool and it made you get the sense that they actually know them and they aren't merely just the crew. I saw some of those guys at the YG On Air show so they follow the group around

I cant tell if GD is wearing contacts but I loved his eyes in this show. The hair kinda made them stand out. Also GD really loves his scarves...lol. I think he had one with him the entire time except for when he was in a suit

Im also gonna confess that I liked Taeyang's look here. His best for the night

I approve!

I caught some hilarious moments upon rewatching that I'll have to gif and post later

Here are some images from their Hong Kong show. Man Id love to see that

tumblr_mjycw73caI1r9sn9xo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mjycn6CHMn1r9sn9xo3_1280.jpg

60809_461501517240185_372136305_n.jpg

429424_461501487240188_673089281_n.jpg

tumblr_mjtc4uzLjV1r483e5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mjnix9yRut1r1ae7co1_500.png

tumblr_mibph3fdyg1rwa8dyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhze7sYCPY1r772q6o1_250.gif

tumblr_mi86kyISVo1rmqmeoo6_250.jpg

That's from a different HK show

This is from the Seoul DVD Photo book but AMAZING shot of Taeyang

tumblr_mjp46s7xTx1s2vj07o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mj4jbbheT31rjod3co1_500.gif

wub.png Seungri

tumblr_misifsoC1Y1qblw3lo2_500.gif

tumblr_misifsoC1Y1qblw3lo3_500.gif

Haha, that must have been super fun

tumblr_mhyvc01Bpd1rj7fqpo1_500.gif

That smile wub.png

735046_307079312746149_1578444823_n.jpg

I prefer GD's red hair here

403451_371891089534562_2002755358_n.jpg

Nagoya, Japan

548402_446364748753862_1986444288_n.jpg

Anaheim, CA

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Like you said he sang a slower & remixed version of Wings this go round which I really liked!

It looked like GD was wearing purple eye contacts of some kind but I couldn't really tell. They were interesting. That scarve he was strutting around with during & after the Blue performance was unfortunate but I give him & the others credit for embracing such outlandish style & not caring!

The weirdly tyed bandana and "GET OUT" hat shielded us from the doodoo braids. I liked that look as well!

I changed it cool.png Sorry Dongwoon!!

It was when GD said "Can we get an encore, do you want more? What the hell are you waiting for?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqo7b2C0qMg

He looks like he's at Hogwarts or some dungeon aiming his wand at an enemy...LOL awesome pic. All of the pics are cool!

That's semi close to me!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

LMAO!

He'll get over it...lol

I loved when he said that! Didn't realize it was from that song, which I actually have heard

too bad you didn't know about them last time they were there. Maybe next time!

tumblr_mjzlmy0kWD1s8eklto1_500.jpg

That's for you!

tumblr_mjzlc5j4Cl1rtxvfpo1_500.gif

Didn't even notice that wink before

tumblr_mjzjq9twSd1s7rwt3o1_500.jpg

LMAO!

award.jpg

GD won best rap single for One of a Kind! Man I love that track. Congrats to him

tumblr_mjze3qRF2h1rihq7to1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjz7p6Oo271r6f1fzo1_500.jpg

I love his two-colored hair!

tumblr_mjz8c2TVrK1rvvmslo4_r1_250.png

Daesung....just no!

tumblr_mjz62qFjpb1s6maoco2_400.jpg

tumblr_mjz0m61SbA1rtp3tlo1_500.gif

Wow, can you believe this was TOP in middle school? He sure has come a long way

tumblr_mjz4ln0tfF1ryqqyyo1_500.png

tumblr_mjz4ln0tfF1ryqqyyo3_500.png
Close up of Taeyang's hair
tumblr_mjz0vorKIC1s2jf05o1_500.jpg
I love this group shot

tumblr_mjyzuhnTvd1rj0j2mo1_500.gif

This guy....LOL

tumblr_inline_mjptxil0ro1qz4rgp.gif

And this one...LOL

• Members

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png I am laughing SO hard. Loudly. At 2am. I love it! laugh.png

Me too! Very edgy. It suits him.

He looks like a little boy in those pics though LOL

What in the actual F-ck?! Yes...just NO!!

And what is that up against his body? nbe.jpg

No way!

Cheap! Oh my goodness. Where in the world did you find that. Embarrassing. LMFAO!

wub.png Very nice!

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

• Members

I just watched the YG Family Concert (Big Bang parts so far) and I'm so obsessed with their version of I Am The Best. Seriously. I think you shared that before because I seem to remember listening to it in the past but I heard it again today and now that I know more about the guys I'm totally obsessed. OMG.

The way TOP acts when he's performing that song. LOL. SO DIFFERENT. I love how they try to dance like the girls! laugh.png Daesung sings my favorite part (Minzy's section) but I'm dying to hear GD do a rendition of it. He would slay it so hard. Speaking of GD, he is SO good during this song I can barely stand it. LOVE that he sings Queen CL's parts! Seungri is barely heard during the song which is disappointing. Taeyang is just absent...LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA0Dj3y9ulc

THEY ARE THE BEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh3oUgVeHns

This fan MV is actually pretty spot on...lol

As for the rest of the performances by them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQjcJBGIFsA

I really enjoyed KOEWHATWHATREDJKSETE!! Don't think I heard this one before. This song is great, I especially loved Taeyang's parts in the performance.

The music video CRACKS me the hell up though especially @3:56 when Taeyang's running for his life laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png WTF??

GD & Top were amazing as usual. Love the Oh Yeah/High High performances. BOM & GD wub.png They seemed so adorable together.

If I saw GD on the street with that red/gold outfit I would knock him out and steal it from him. He looked so cool & fresh! Loved it!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

tumblr_m825m8UgxE1qblw3lo11_r2_250.gif

I love how during that performance, TOP, does the "Big BANG!", The whole thing was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyLpVTBgTI

I guess its fitting that they did 2NE1's song bc here they did theirs

wpid-bigbangupdates_yg_family_concert_dv

Their outfits were so colorful! TOP's especially was over the top. I loved their performances for Haru Haru and Heaven. Man Heaven was their best and this was the performance that made me initially love the song. I loved the dance and how happy they seemed during it

They actually sang Koe Woe Kikasate (LMAO at your spelling of it) during the Alive concert in Japan at the end when they were on that bus. LOL at the video with Taeyang running

I heard that song Lonely for the first time. Seungri does some really good singing during it. I noticed that one of Daesung's ear pieces falls out but he doesn't miss a beat

I liked Bom's interactions with both guys during Oh Yeah. That was cute and yeah his outfit was fly!

CL's recent modeling pics....GORGEOUS!

tumblr_mk22axv4XZ1r30cy8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk227iX6rc1s49wngo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk1jqg8P9C1ruvlnvo4_1280.png

tumblr_mk1jqg8P9C1ruvlnvo2_1280.png

tumblr_mk1jqg8P9C1ruvlnvo6_1280.png

tumblr_mk1jqg8P9C1ruvlnvo8_1280.png

tumblr_mk04d9A6OG1rrai2yo1_500.jpg

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I was wondering....Top 10 fave Bigbang songs? We did it for B2ST, now I'm interested in what we think for these guys icon1.gif

1. Blue

2. Hands Up

3. Tonight

4. Fantastic Baby

5. How Gee

6. Haru Haru

7. Monster

8. Gara Gara Go

9. Bad Boy

10. Stupid Liar

I think Blue might be my favorite K-Pop song ever, and right up there with my favorite songs of all time. The other day I looked up the English lyrics and thought wow, how beautiful is this. "I was born and i met you, and I have loved you to death" The music video is breathtaking and really embodies the mood of the story, and the guys all sound sensational & have shining moments. Taeyang's part mid-way through, around the 2:30 mark, gets to me EVERY time. So glad I found that song.

Eta: Oh this made me think...what about a Top 10 or 15 fave K-Pop songs too?! Imma have to think of that one. For me it would probably be just a mixture of B2ST/Bigbang songs. I feel like I should listen to more 2NE1 & others! But for now...I'll think biggrin.png

BTW...have you seen the Monster video? I'm sure you have. I remember watching it a few months back when I was sampling Bigbang. Very freaky video w/the guys weird contacts. Watching again, I'm more traumatized by Taeyang's hair though, once again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btDd9rOlc2k

And regarding your post, I went back & looked at the video and you sure right they did sing koewoahwoahkikiki on the bus. I was probably paying more attention to how they were acting w/the crowd and whatnot. LOL

My Heaven...eh that songs just ok for me!

Minzy's dancing during How Gee wub.png

Thanks for the CL pics, as always you have the most badass avatar/sig! Nice!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

I was thinking of asking you your top Big Bang songs, but I wasnt sure how familiar you were with their material. I guess those last 2 concerts helped…lol. Anyway here’s mine

10. Haru haru
9. My Heaven
8. Blue
7. Ain’t No Fun
6. Round and Round/Bingle Bingle
5. Tonight
4. Fantastic Baby

3. Gara Gara Go!!

2. Beautiful Hangover
1. Bad Boy

that was really hard to do bc I really love their material. I left Feeling and Hands Up off but those rank up there for me as well. Oh heck, let me just round out a Top 25

25. Sunset Glow
24. Lady

23. Lollipop Part 2
22. How Gee

21. Ki Woe Kikasate

20. Cafe

19. Still Alive

18. Love Song

17. Love Dust

16. Somebody to Love
15. Stupid Liar
14. Lies
13. Last Farewell

12. Hands Up

11. Feeling

Now THAT was hard. I really love most of their material. If I did the same list for their solo material (and counting GD/Top as solo), it would go like this

20. But I Love You, GD

19. Strong Baby, Seungri

18. This Love, GD

17. Oh Mom, TOP

16. Halleljuah; GD, TOP and Taeyang

15. VVIP; Seungri

14. Before You Fall Asleep; Taeyang

13. Open Window; Seungri ft GD

12. That XX; GD
11. I’ll Be There; Taeyang
10. Only Look At Me; Taeyang

9. Oh Yeah; GD & TOP
8. Crayon; GD
7. Magic; Seungri
6. Just a Feeling; Taeyang
5. Connection; Taeyang
4. One of a Kind; GD
3. What Can I Do; Seungri
2. High High; GD & TOP
1. Knockout; GD & TOP

Sorry Daesung!

Id also have to thing harder for a top 10 of all K-pop. Honestly, I think the only non- Big Bang or B2ST, song that would crack mine wold be 2NE1's I Am the Best. Its the only one I listened close to as hardcore as those guys

I was watching Monster the other day. That video was very well done. Not too big on the song, but thats a hot video.

Speaking of 2NE1, I watched their concert and I fell in love with these 3 songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSww7fLpV0w&feature=youtu.be

I love the reggae version of I Don't Care

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_3Y-S0yzJ0

Those trenchcoat dresses...beautiful. Their voices are so lovely.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Great lists, Cheap! Yeah I totally agree with this.

Thought about it and here's what my top K-Pop songs so far would be. I went ahead and did a top 20

1. Blue (Bigbang)

2. Beautiful (B2ST)

3. Special (B2ST)

4. Knockout (GD & TOP)

5. Thanks To (Yoseob & Junhyung)

6. High High (GD & TOP)

7. White Love (Seungri)

8. When The Door Closes (Dujun & Dongwoon)

9. Hands Up (Bigbang)

10. When I Miss You (B2ST)

11. I Am The Best (2NE1)

12. Strong Baby (Seungri)

13. Breathe (B2ST)

14. Only Look At Me (Taeyang)

15. VVIP (Seungri)

16. Tonight (Bigbang)

17. You Got Some Nerve (Junhyung)

18. Fantastic Baby (Bigbang)

19. You (B2ST)

20. Shock (B2ST)

It was very difficult to do that!

LMAO!

Ok with solo/duet material, my Bigbang list would be

1. Knockout

2. White Love

3. High High

4. Strong Baby

5. Only Look At Me

6. VVIP

7. Wedding Dress

8. What Can I Do

9. Magic

10. Oh Yeah

11. Open Window

12. In My World

13. I Know

14. Baby Good Night

15. The Next Day

I should probably get familiar with some more TOP solo material as well as GD. Noticed them in your list

BTW your 2NE1 "I Dont Care" reggae remix video was blocked sad.png I looked up the video though & I really liked it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MgAxMO1KD0

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members
Great choices! I'll have to come back to you with mine

Oh I hate when they do that! Thats not the version Im referring to. Here's a good fancam of what I originally posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2ia9ckfTM

and here's a better quality cut from another performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6O30_n5gk

The reggae mix, really makes the song pop and feel less generic. CL's voice wub.png

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oh damn your right! That's so much more better sounding. In that first video, I'm totally in love with Dara on the far right wub.png and look at queen CL smack dab in the middle, towering over everyone like she's on her throne...Lol!

How amazing are their outfits in the second vid? Minzy :wub: She's so fierce yet bubbly

Surprised they haven't made a studio recording of that mix!