GH: Edward's funeral

• Members

I also kind of have a problem with them waiting forever to recast Dillion if hey do bother to bring him back. He should been recast already. They kind of knew this was happening and they should've had Dillon come back this month and eased him on canvas for a few weeks prior to. I guess the problem is alot of people connected to Edward need to be recast. I mean is Jimmy Lee coming? He lives like what a town or two over?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they cannot bring in someone who has played the role before (e.g., in the case of Scott Clifton who is on contract with B&B, or Senait who is out of the business), I hope that they forego a recast for the funeral. I agree with what is said above, introducing a recast at a funeral, especially for a temporary run, rarely works. GH was even smart enough to play down Jed Allen's role as Edward in the Lila Quartermaine funeral, one of the best tributes to a real live actress I have ever seen in daytime.

When they say "big names" I wonder if they are going to take a Mary Mae Ward approach and invite a lot of John's close real life friends and pupils. Frankly, I would rather see the money they have to pay those actors used to woo former Quartermaines back onto our screen.

My dream list is topped by Robin Christopher (Skye Chandler-Quartermaine), Vanessa Marcil (Brenda Barrett), Wally Kurth (Ned Ashton), and Rena Sofer (Lois Cerullo). These actors and characters shared a bond and lot of screen time with Ingle's Edward. Scott Clifton (Dillon), Adrianna Leon (Brook Lynn), Senait Anesafi (Keesha Ward)... they would alll just be icing on the cake. A heavenly appearence by Stuart Damon (Alan Quartermine) would be the cherry on top.

Hopefully we hear soon who will make cameos. I hope al ot of GH's current recurring cast, like Kristina Wagner, will make appearence too

• Members

Recasting smallish roles for a funeral is OK, to me. When David Stewart died on ATWT, they had to recast Betsy, his granddaughter. It was a little jarring, but better than her not being there at all, since he'd been a hugely important part of her life.

I don't think you should recast if the return has no purpose, which is why I'd hesitate bringing anyone back unless they might have future plans for them or unless they were very close to Edward.

• Members

My dream list would be:

Susan Brown (Gail), Peter Hensen (Lee), Steve Bond (Jimmy Lee), Sherilyn Wolter (Celia), Adrianna Leon (BrookLynn), Wally Kurth (Ned), Rena Sofer (Lois), Vanessa Marcil (Brenda), Robin Christopher (Skye), Anne Jeffrys (Amanda), Jon Lindstrom (Kevin) and Lynn Herring (Lucy).

• Members

Yes! Of course I'd love to see Rachel Ames, Jackie Zeman and Denise Alexander there, but I fear it won't happen.

I could possibly see them bringing Bobbie on to comfort Monica...But then again I'm not sure RC even knows that Bobbie and Monica are best friends.

• Members

I wonder if they would try to bring back others like Sean & Tiffany for the funeral. I know Sharon Wyatt has had a LOT of health issues in the last few years sad.png , but it would be nice to see them back, even if they aren't Q's.

And even with the issues around Robin's death when they came back, having Robert & Holly back with Anna & Duke would be great, too.

But of course, seeing the Q's back is really the most important thing here.

• Members

And Lila hosted Robert & Anna's wedding at the Q's Shakespearean garden! (Yeah, I know smile.png )

Anna actually discovered that Edward was alive shortly after that.

Edward actually testified on Tiffany's behalf when she sought custody of her nephew Lucas over Bobbie & Tony when her sister Cheryl died (she ultimately lost, though).

Archived