GH: Edward's funeral

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are some obvious names who I hope return, but beyond the people you mentioned, Dillon, Lois and Brook Lyn would be nice. It's a shame they never recast Dillon since it'll be impossible to get Scott Cliffton. They should have Brook Lyn, Dillon and Ned (played by Kurt McKinney) as regulars anyway.

• Members

To a degree, but Ned's sole purpose for about ten years was, "This family is awful and terrible, you need me because I am the only one with morals," and that was about it. I never got the impression he actually liked anyone in the family during WK's run as Ned.

• Members

In terms of returning people, I would mostly like to see Brenda (just because she actually had a bond with Edward). I would also use this opportunity to bring in the Ward family. I know Tracy should have some support at the funeral but the Wards are the ones who would have been closer to him than Ned or Brook Lyn or Dillon. But my guess is GH probably thinks they already have TJ and Sean so their quota is full.

• Members

But do you really remember any great scenes with Edward and those three? Ned, possibly, but I mostly remember Brook Lyn treating everyone like trash and Dillon hanging with the teens. I think this is one case where the family was too distant to have any emotional impact at a gathering.

• Members

Does it matter? They are family. Family should be there for funerals. I havent had the best relationships with everyone in my immediate family but Id show up if and when they have theirs and Id hope they'd do the same for me. Even if they didnt have the best times with Ed, there's Tracy to support and I think Dillon and Ned would be there for her and Ned would get his daughter to attend. Death tends to bring families together, even if its just for a brief moment

• Members

For emotional impact i'd just limit the attendance. I can't remember any bonds between Edward and most of his family in recent years and if they were there I'd feel nothing. I'd limit it to people like the current cast, Skye, Brenda, the Wards, perhaps Lucy. But I can respect your opinion.

• Members

What Wards would be able to go except Maya and if she manages to get Faith to come? And they really should've recast Faith when they were pretending to care about the Wards briefly a couple of years ago. He was close to Justus but Justus is dead and Senait doesn't act anymore so that rules out Keesha because you can't have too many recasts at the funeral and for sure Dillion would have to be recast.

But on another note I heard Edward's funeral is supposed to have the Nurses Ball as tribute. That is all wrong! the NB is an AIDS tribute and and more fit for a Robin tribute and I'm not even a Robin fan. Plus I need not hear KA sing when she doesn't play a nurse and Starr has no history with those characters.

• Members

Senait might return for this. If not I think Keesha could be recast. I'd like to see her recast anyway, to bring the Wards back as more of a presence, instead of just Maya who mostly only had the story with Ethan which wasn't about her.

• Members

But it would be odd seeing her as a recast at the funeral because she'll feel like a stranger because it's a new face. She can defintiely be recast I just don't think having her show up in town a recast the day before a funeral would be a good idea. But I'm sure RC doesn't know who the wards are anyway.

Archived