GH: Edward's funeral

• Members

Asa I agree with, awesome send-off, it was very much Ron and Frank's opening salvo at OLTL. It was so well plotted, especially in a case where the actor, Phil Carey, was still very much alive and open to do recurring appearences.

Palmer's on the other hand, it was good for AMC in it's last incarnations, but still lacking. I do not believe Nina and Daisy would have just slummed it up at Tad's house. His children and grand children were missing: Ross, Andrew, Petey, Mickey, Bobby. Even his only remaining kin in PV, JR, was not at the memorial!

I think that Rena implied in SOD only a few years ago that Wally had a hand in GH not even extending her the invitation to reprise Lois when they cast Lesli Kay.

I loved Rena, but I thought Lesli was awesome with the material she got. I would love to see her back full time on GH.

You mean potentially, GH will not make this funeral all about the Mob hitman? One can only hope.

I have to admit, I do not know if I got lost in the awesome writing and charactrization for the three weeks in honor of Ms. Reid, or he was truly as captivating as I rememember, but John Martin rocked as Dr. Bill Spencer. I would love to see him on the show full time and reign in the Horton clan. Maybe compete against the big man Mr. DiMera himself for the love of Kate Roberts.

ditto.

I thought Bobbie/Monica had a rocky relationship. Wasn't there a time Monica thought Bobbie was interested in Alan? Am I remembering things wrong?

I have to wonder if Jacklyn would return for but a cameo at this point.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why they don't bring Tracy's sons back... the funeral seems like a great opportunity to re-introduce Ned or Dillon. And Jane was off the GH canvas for long stretches at a time over the years... how great would it be to see Tracy trying to get on with a daughter she gave up for adoption many years earlier? Tracy has always had an unexpectedly tender relationship with Lulu.. I think it would be a great treat.

As for who is coming back, I agree that it makes no sense to recast a character who will only be on screen for a few days at most. I also agree it makes no sense to bring back characters who had no real connection to Edward (or the Quartermaines). In cases like this, I always wonder whether the show will err on the side of pleasing the fans or goosing the ratings

• Members

I did not know that Lee was close to Edward. When I really started getting into GH, both the Baldwins were recurring characters. Gail was on a lot, and Lee was more more mentoned but not seen. This only emphasizes more the need for the Baldwins to make a cameo.

Archived