GH: Billy Miller as Jason??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, both incarnations were pretty horrendous. Marissa #2 was meant to be this hot babe who had a thing for ladybiscuits, but even then she resembled a dorm RA trying to rally the hallway into an impromptu game of touch football.

Marissa should never have happened in the first place. There was a reason most AMC viewers broke out the champagne when Babe was killed off, so having her even more saintly twin (who looked nothing like her) show up...

• Members

Um the OP made this whole thread on if he should go to GH. I personally foudn BM to be pretty bad and the fact that he was not commited to daytime but still caused trouble every year during negotations only made it worse. His lack of commitment while they had Billy in frontburner stories resulted in some unecessary crap.

• Members

BM as Jason wouldn't work. I would definitely take him as a Ritchie/Wes like character. That was by far the best role he ever had on a soap and was easily his most riveting performance. I remember when he was on AMC circa 07'-08' and he was basically acting circles around the likes of MCE, AB, JY, CM and TK.

They let JY have one for screaming through his lines and clenching his teeth. There have definitely been some pretty dubious winners, I don't think his was any more egregious then any of the others.

I agree with this. Even though I loved AH's Babe and at times adored Krystal just due to her sheer and unwavering devotion to her daughter there was no need for any of the Careys' to be on the show post 2009. Krystal herself was so useless and isolated during her finale years it seemed as if they completely lost sight of her character and who she initially was. She largely had no identity outside of Babe, which is why it's so odd that she outlived her. Someone most have truly loved Bobbie Eakes at AMC.

I don't think the Carey's are as bad as most fans make them out to be as I believe they provided a real use and purpose which was to resuscitate the Chandler/Martin sphere of the show which floundered for years post Dixie (which is one of the reasons why they kept bringing her back year after year). The show basically became the Kane hour, when Kendell came back to town around 2001 and I think Megan saw that she needed to add another dynamic to the Martin's and Chandlers as they were becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing year. Marissa herself was basically a Babe clone, she had all of her relationships, all her children, all her romances and all of her marriages -- with virtually no nuances or deviations from the themes Babe herself had with her triangles and trials with JR. Marissa inherited all of her stories, she was Babe-lite, the Babe character without any of the dirt or grit that gave her any possible depth.

Archived