Y&R: What FoJ should JFP bring on?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Down the road, maybe, although I do miss the days when soaps had virtually impenetrable marriage units, like Tom and Alice Horton, or Chris and Nancy Hughes.

But I definitely want the son to be a rising young politician -- a Wisconsin state senator, perhaps -- who represents the end result of his immigrant father and grandmother's aspirations. And I want him to turn out to be Avery's former flame from law school and father of the baby she gave up for adoption.

• Members

Actually, I envision A's character coming from a large, staunchly Catholic family (he brought his family to America after establishing his furniture manufacturing company); so, okay, why not? TK could be a "baby brother" and black sheep of the family who eventually becomes involved a triangle with Nikki and Sharon.

Lord, are you not kidding about that one! I'm convinced Skye wasn't so much conceived and born as sprouted from a cucumber garden.

• Members

I was surprised when Muhney posted the credits to Jill/Griffith's first script that Mary O'Leary wasn't listed as a producer. But, I guess it's early days yet, and that is to come. Jill ALWAYS bring her along to every show she produces.

She needs to steal her friend Owen Renfore from GH, where he is wasted directing the substandard vision of Frank Valentini. Am I the only one who notices how far GH's directing has fallen since Jill left?

From what several sources have told me, Jill is very active in the production booth at Y&R, and they've not had someone like that in a while.

As for actors, I don't see much use for FOJ's at the moment, when the show needs to clean house with so much dead weight already on the canvas. Six months or so from now, I wouldn't mind the gradual integration of a new Hispanic family headed by A Martinez though.

I probably won't be watching much anyway, but I will definitely check out and read carefully into what Jill and Josh are doing.

• Members

Maxam will and should stay. He's actually directing the first real episode of the new regime. I can see why Jill likes him too, and she's VERY involved with her directors. As I said before, I've heard from many recently that Jill has been actually running that production booth at Y&R, which the directors and actors haven't been used to that kind of feedback in a long time.

I meant that if she wants to build a stronger directing team, she should steal Owen Renfroe from GH, who is wasted there with Valentini's subpar direction. After all, she did help to nuture his career and made him a soap director in the first place.

Mike Denney, Y&R's senior director, is almost 70 and moved to Oklahoma earlier this year. He goes out to LA one week out of every month to direct his episodes in chunks. I don't know how much longer he'll be able to maintain that kind of schedule at his age, though I hope he does.

Archived