When did MAB jump the shark? Y&R

• Members

When do you guys think MAB jumped the shark with Y&R?

I think it was when Muhney was recast as Adam. Not that recasting with Muhney caused the jump, but the things Muhney's Adam did and have done were deplorable. It has required too much suspension of belief for a soap, for him to have gotten away with all of it. The only character on the soap that seemed to not ever buy into any of it was Ashley.

The chipmunk part of Kevin's story was odd, but overall the story wasn't so bad. I have always wondered what the behind the scenes story was about the chipmunk head.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the chipmunk story was the beginning of the end. After that, the entire tone and types of stories she wanted to tell changed and became more outlandish, character-destroying, and just offensive to watch.

Not to mention, she and her henchmen had no idea how to plot or pace a story to save their lives.

• Members

Definitely the chipmunk. I was glued to the screen throughout the fall of 2008, through the Kay/Marge story and then they did that crap and it went to hell from there with Adam terrorizing Ashley, Colleen's death, stunt casting, the numerous false deaths, etc.

When do you guys think MAB jumped the shark with Y&R?

I think it was when Muhney was recast as Adam. Not that recasting with Muhney caused the jump, but the things Muhney's Adam did and have done were deplorable. It has required too much suspension of belief for a soap, for him to have gotten away with all of it. The only character on the soap that seemed to not ever buy into any of it was Ashley.

The chipmunk part of Kevin's story was odd, but overall the story wasn't so bad. I have always wondered what the behind the scenes story was about the chipmunk head.

When she was hired? That's when I last paid any mind to the show. But if I'm honest with myself, it was actually after the show decided to break apart Chloe from the Billy/Cane/Lily storyline.

For me, that moment came when it seemed like entire episodes were centered around Victor and Sabrina traveling to art museums.

God was that boring. Thank god they killed off that bore!

Making Sharon and Adam a couple

That too!

• Members

Shadam as a couple was horrible

Lawd have mercy! One of the most wretched ideas and was the end of Sharon for me (getting with your child's kidnapper is the lowest of the low). I would very much like for Case to be gone when I begin watching again. Sharon cannot be salvage, and there is no need in wasting time trying. She's done! 18 years is plenty and it's time to get rid of this wretched hobag. She is nothing to YR anymore.

• Members

Phillip faked his death because he is gay. That was it for me.

Recasting Adam and giving him horrible stories, killing off Brad and Colleen and keeping Cane around didn't help things. Should I mention Jill being Lauren's sister?

Worst fan fic ever.

• Members

I can't remember exactly when I tuned out of Y&R, it had to have been sometime after the whole Lauren/Sarah Smythe storyline. Victor & Sabrina was definitely a BORE (wasn't there one "location" shoot that was really just outside the studio doors overlooking the parking lot at CBS Studios?).

The thing that really keeps me from watching Y&R again full-time is that there are SO many new characters and SO many recasted younger characters. I can't even keep up with who's supposed to be whom, who's related to whom, who's romancing whom, etc. I only tune in to see the vets and sometimes, even they don't have a worthwhile story to watch (I like Neil, but hate any storyline I see him in as of late). Haters gonna hate, but I love Phyllis and anything surrounding her. The only time I roll my eyes and fast-forward is when she's in story with the young dumb ones like Daisy (that's her name right? That Yvonne Zima sleepwalking girl?)

• Members

I think the chipmunk story was the beginning of the end. After that, the entire tone and types of stories she wanted to tell changed and became more outlandish, character-destroying, and just offensive to watch.

Not to mention, she and her henchmen had no idea how to plot or pace a story to save their lives.

I agree. Many stories have been disjointed and characters destroyed.

Definitely the chipmunk was the beginning... it continued with Muhney's Adam and that horrible Ashley story, then followed by Colleen's death.

Yeah, Colleen's death was gutwrenching, and how many times did Victor vow to change only to revert back? Ugh.

Making Sharon and Adam a couple

Word! Too much suspension of belief required for me! And it repeatedly played out over and over and OVER...

Shadam as a couple was horrible

Word to you too!

Archived