Best Soap Opera Theme

• Members

ITA! The ONLY thing this was missing imo was a stronger version of the theme. It was a little too Lifetime synth weak for me, and the opening vamp wasn't strong enough. It's also hard to beat floating pictures, but the signatures was such a wonderful touch (and I loved how Erica had two versions of her final shot).

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What did you think of the 2004 version? I loved the theme and thought it was the only one of the ABC soaps that had a good opening following the new "studio" versions which all 3 had. AMC kept its identity and loved the use of the photos with the character shots being floating photos in the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO1ZW5naWwc

• Members

I agree that AMC had the best of the ABCD mandated bumper openings. The pics "exploding" in the beginning, the final one floating away... I just love the idea of seeing all of the AMC cast as snapshots or in picture frames so I wished they could have incorporated more of the prior opening (which had too short of a life).

• Members

Okay, I just rewatched, and it was actually much better than I even remembered. I think as time progressed, it got choppier and they lost more of those blue sky/pictures in the wind shots. The first 11 seconds, Edmund, Brook, Maria, Livia, mia, Simone, all that is just gorgeous.

• Members

I loved the AW 87-96 theme. Yes it was dated and tacky but I think that worked so much more than the generic opening which had annoying as hell scenes like Gary and Josie twirling around and peeking sneaking through corners looking depressed.

I also enjoyed that Loving theme.

I love the 80s GL openings. The last one, which SFK described as fart sounds, has a certain homey buoyancy I end up getting a kick out of. My favorite part of it is the one that ends on Chelsea/Johnny, not because I liked them, but because it's just such a nice way to end a theme. The disco is shameless but still great fun. The middle one is just perfection, especially early on when they still had the different family groups.

Archived