B&B: first episode question

• Members

This has probably been discussed before --

Anyway, I know that SF and KKL actually debuted on the second episode of the show. My question is: did B&B's first two episodes air together, as a single piece, the day the soap debuted? (maybe even in primetime?)

Or did the audience actually get the chance to know Stephanie and Brooke only on the second day of broadcasting?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B's predecessor Capitol got an hour-long primetime movie premiere that preempted Falcon Crest on Friday night, and debuted in it's regular half-hour spot on Monday. Capitol's final episode aired on a Friday, and B&B replaced it that following Monday (although B&B aired at 1:30pm Eastern where Capitol had aired at 2:30).

Santa Barbara's Augusta wasn't seen (in full) until about the third (?) episode. And although she was heard playing the harpsichord in the primetime movie, Capitol's Paula wasn't seen for several months.

• Members

Yikes, oh wow. I've seen some early clips, like Katie with the acne and all that... My grandma watched B&B (and Capitol before that), but what I remember most about B&B was hearing that deranged elephant sounding saxophone intro from the next room.

Archived