GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think they believe they can pass anything off as "camp" and that people will just say "it's a soap." RC has a real contempt for the soap form in his writing and it shows up year after year. FV doesn't care as long as it doesn't go over budget. They know if they churn through at a fast pace people will say "soapy goodness" and the soap press will swoon.

What throws me with this, aside from the bad dialogue, is the bad acting. The ab roller who plays Ewen was shockingly bad in the scenes where Liz found out about him. I know Herbst is probably just happy to still have a paycheck but I felt sorry for her in that moment.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I caught up on GH and it's still a nonsensical mess. Ian Buchanan was the big surprise? rolleyes.gif After watching him do some of his worst acting as Queen Ian Mcallister over on DAYS in his last two weeks, I'm not looking forward to seeing him on my screen again so soon. I shudder to think what brilliant, soapy plan Ron & Frank will come up with for him.

How did Jawn & Jason find Jerry so fast?? I was done when Jax busted in too rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif The "virus" story has been laughable. I hated the TV stuff. How nice of Jerry to leave breaks in his harangue so the citizens of PC could comment.

I was disappointed and disturbed by Dante's reaction to what John said about boys in prison e8099.gif

I LOL'd at this :lol:

• Members

I'm gonna be honest here, and it absolutely kills me, but in the middle of all that dreck, I found myself completely fascinated with Todd and Carly. I was at the edge of my seat with these 2 and wanted to see more. Roger impressed the hell out of me. Yes, Tood believes he should be pursuing Carly because of a stupid test in a magazine, but Roger (with LW's help) pulled those scenes off magnificently. I was captivated by the looks he gives her and that he does not want another man near her even as a friend. How much did I love them? I went to bed watching those scenes and woke up this morning and watched some more. They were amazing, and for the first time, I can see why some of the audience is willing to ignore that Carly should not be with this man.

Coincidence that Todd gets the best written potential romance? I knew proper care would be given to the OL pets. They are taking their time with this, and you can tell, Dumb and Dumber are going to invest in Todd/Carly. After yesterday, I'd watch because Roger and LW did their jobs! And at this point, I'd sell a vital organ to have Carly away from Johnny! They make my physically ill and should not have lasted this long.

God, I feel so filthy now.

• Members

I actually didn't mind his hair so much except for the front with the bangs (and I don't even think they wound up looking as bad as thought they would).

And I liked the shirt he wore yesterday. And I'm so relieved he's two years older than me because sometimes he still looks like he's in his late teens #pseudodirtyoldwomanftw .

And I actually kinda sorta like Michael & Starr together ph34r.png .

Did I miss something, though? Have they been shown sleeping together before yesterday?

Archived