Anderson Cooper out of the closet

Soapsuds

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand that this announcement may inspire gay youth, and that is praiseworthy. But--and this isn't going to be popular--I find it sad that he felt forced to come out when all indications point to the fact that he wanted to keep his own sexuality private. It's sickening how so many people--both straight and gay--love to speculate on the sexuality of others, when it really is nobody's business but their own.

• Members

Don't forget, his mother is a flawless diva.

Good for him, though. I don't think he needed to really say anything, but I know that I'm not a fan of having pink elephants around me everywhere I go. When you go out of your way to not talk about your sexuality, then it just becomes silly.

• Members

Anderson clearly has a huge ego, but he was the one journalist who ventured in and stayed in New Orleans when our government led by George Bush, DIck Cheney, and Karl Rove did not give a second thought to the people left to fend for themselves in that city. I will never forget that Anderson along with Harry Connick Jr. embarrassed the Bush Administration into sending the coast guard help to save thousands of people in that city.

Archived