GH: Discussion for the Month of July

• Members

"Crazy calling. Crazy calling." laugh.png

Heather (and Robin Mattson) is spectacular with everybody. Some fans have compared her to Barbara Perkins (I think that's the name) and having caught some of her stuff on OLTL before it ended, I have to say WTF? That actress was awful -- stilted, affected, OTT and unconvincing. Robin Mattson is anything but those things. And Heather is pretty much running everything PC at this point, she's so switched on to everybody's business. If Todd has become so well-embedded in the PC canvas, it is in some part due to Heather.

I just love Anna so, so much in her current incarnation (Guza wrote her horribly), and that scene with Patrick underscores the fact she needs to be in a SL involving him and McNostril. Yes, he is her daughter's husband and it can Never Be and I know I just tarnished the sanctity of Scrubs with my remark. rolleyes.gif But having them in each other's orbit is actually interesting to watch. Especially if he were to get jealous of the time she spent with other guys. With McNostril, she has chemistry (as gross as he is). Unlike her and Queen Luke.

Brandon Barash is insanely hot with or without scruffy beard. It's too bad Carlatini are so stuck on hairless young studs because BB outstrips them all in terms of smoulder. Too bad he's always in scenes with Snaggletoofs.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I hated the way they had Luke saying "Oh, Anna, the reason you are having trouble bonding with your grand-daughter isn't because you haven't seen her since she was a baby, it's because you can't stand being tied down by gross family ties and a passel of brats, like me!" I never thought that was true of Anna, the way FH was playing it. Anyhoo, yesterday they had a sweet scene with Anna and Emma wearing all of Anna's necklaces. It didn't seem like Anna wanted to get away from Emma or Patrick, far from it.

• Members

I disagree she is overly cartoonish and her omniscience in all of these storylines is unbelievable, annoying and off putting in several ways because it makes several of the character look like complete imbeciles. Heather shouldn't be running around the entire town with no one knowing what she is doing and the fact that she continues to outwit all of these people is ridiculous. Anna, Steven, Sam, Todd and co. should all be able to buy a clue every now and then and see threw her. I've reconciled that Heather isn't a real character in this show and that she exists solely to be Cartini's dues ex machina to push and manipulate plot but I need for the people who interact with her to respond to her believably and that's just not happening now. Especially with Todd, Anna and Sam who should be all up in her grill, putting her in a corner and shutting her conflated schemes down.

I agree. I don't know why BB has been regulated to Sonny's sloppy seconds (Kate, Carly, Olivia) but he's chemistry bait. I don't know why he's been strapped down to interacting with Dante and Sonny all these years when it's beyond apparent that he could be used elsewhere and be just as effective as they are if not more so. They should have never taken him out of the Maxie/Lulu sphere, he was so interesting there and I'd kill for Johnny to be out of the mob set.

• Members

And that's the biggest problem, she has no motivation for most of the things that she does. She's all over the place and is being spread way too thin as the primary antagonist of the show. On one hand I definitely understand why she is enjoyable (Mattinson's a great actress) but let's be real here, she's pure camp and she is not being written believably. Too much is being sacrificed (in terms of realism and believability) to let her do all the things she is doing. No one who plays opposite her makes sense when they have scenes with her because the writers need to give her the upper hand long enough to let these crazy storylines continue.

Archived