NOTICE: What Happened, How It Was Resolved and Moving Forward

dragonflies

NBC poised to fire Ann Curry from the Today show

NBC are the Red Sox of the tv industry. Neither corporation knows how to have a decent break up. Whatever the truth, there is no need to drag the person leaving through the mud. Let them leave with some dignity. How exactly does dragging out the bad publicity help NBC? I thought things might change at NBC with Comcast in charge, but I guess not. Stay classy, NBC. *sarcasm dripping*

Edited by Ann_SS

“She has a one-of-a-kind combination of sharp wit and approachability, and our viewers value her journalistic skills and legal background just as much as her humor and charm,” Bell said.

Capus echoed, “(Guthrie has) earned the trust of the news community, her colleagues and our viewers alike.”

Read more:

http://www.nydailyne...0#ixzz1zR58U2LG

How do they know that viewers "value" and "trust" her? Isn't she just a third or fourth wheel on the show? They seem to have already assumed EVERYONE adores her, before she's even hosting the show.

They seem to think if they keep telling viewers how much Ann Curry sucked, viewers will flock to the show in droves.

Edited by CarlD2

They didn't compare Guthrie to Mary Tyler Moore...did they? They did? Oh. Dear.

This is starting to get amusing, I'm so glad Ann is now independent and rich.

Edited by DaytimeFan

I am still livid over how they treated Ann, but she is the one that's having the last laugh. Everyone is rallying behind her. People who didn't even like her on the show think NBC did her wrong. I'm glad she's getting the support.

Last night they aired a Today show promo for the Olympics with Matt, Meredith, Savannah, Al, and Ryan Seacrest. No Ann. sad.png

You're kidding me....Seacrest. Wow. Goodbye Today.

LMAO GMA trounced Guthrie's first day, suck on that NBC laugh.png

I thought she wasnt starting till next week?? Where are the ratings?"::)

You're kidding me....Seacrest. Wow. Goodbye Today.

I thought Seacrest was ABC property?? Or is he only hired to do the DC new years celebration??

I thought Guthrie had taken over but she wasn't "officially" starting until the 9th. Or is that Morales as a placeholder?

Seacrest has been with Today for a while. Figures they'd go for cold, unpleasant, and worthless.