NBC poised to fire Ann Curry from the Today show

dragonflies

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's an interesting quote that Lauer recently made:

In other words, Matt concedes that the show lacks freshness, but--at the same time--feels that it is essential he stay!

Personally, I think one of the biggest problems with Today is that the brand has been diluted with unnecessary third and fourth hours. (Though I acknowledge that I a lot of people seem to like Kathie Lee and Hoda.) When it comes to morning shows, two hours is clearly the optimal length.

By the way, I think it can be safely said that a possible fifth hour of Today (that many feared) won't be happening in the forseeable future.

• Members

Good grief I cant stand that arrogant jerk. Of course he couldn't possibly be part of the lack of freshness could he?

Wasn't he not long ago bragging about that Professionals segment they have with Star Jones?

Despite the slips, the Today show is a known brand and is still the most profitable show on TV. Frankly the 4 the hour of Hoda and Kathie Lee is the most entertaining

• Members

Perky Katie was always praised for warmth, but it never felt real to me. I think that's why the show became so hard and cold as she and Matt aged, whereas Bryant and Jane always seemed to have genuine affection for each other.

• Members

I think Katie was perky and spunky and she had chemistry with Lauer. That worked for a while. Meredith Viera was an improvement to me.I've always found her likable and more authentic than most of the clowns she's had to work with all these years including many idiots at The View. I think Ann Curry just didn't work but I do think shed be more successful as a. Ightly anchor than Katie was because she comes across much more serious. Maybe CBS will take her on for 60 minutes.

• Members

If it wasnt for Hoda and Kathy Lee, then how would we get gems like this?

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

and this

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/AtlY3BrJwxlp-ELEjH7ZDg"></param><param'>http://www.hulu.com/embed/AtlY3BrJwxlp-ELEjH7ZDg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/AtlY3BrJwxlp-ELEjH7ZDg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Archived