DAYS: Jason47 Presents: The First "Days" Murder, May 1967

• Members

Jason47 Presents:

The 45th Anniversary of the First "Days" Murder:

Susan Hunter Kills Her Husband, David Martin, May 22, 1967

For the first time online, read every detail of how the first "Days" murder took place 45 years ago. Read all of the details for episodes # 386, 387, 388, 389 and 390 as "Days" devoted an entire week to the dramatic events of episode # 391. Susan Hunter is distraught over the death of her infant son, Dickie Martin, and blames her husband, David Martin, for it. Find out exactly what Susan does on May 22, 1967...when the first-ever "Days of Our Lives" murder takes place. All that and more at http://www.jason47.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wonderful to get a chance to read this. Those scenes when she truly snaps from reality are gut-wrenching; I can't even imagine how they were to watch. Talk about building a story to a climax. It's very interesting that Julie wasn't around in these last days, aside from phone calls. I think that was the right choice.

• Members

That must be why I can't recall Julie in this story even though I do remember the story. I know SSH wasn't playing Julie yet, that didn't happen until around a year after Julie's son was given up for adoption. That's when she immediately became my favorite.

Jason, do you remember who was playing Julie at this time? Thanks!

• Members

This was an amazingly devastating story. Its fall out reverberated for years, as all good soap tragedies should. Denise Alexander proved her merit as an actress throughout. I'll never forget watching her character, with Dr. Tom Horton, coming across her late son's empty hospital bed. Realizing he had died, she started to sob hysterically...and brought the audience to tears right along with her. Before low-brow camp took over, DAYS was actually an intelligent, adult soap, believe it or not. William J. Bell and Pat Falken Smith wove magic in Salem for a solid decade. IMHO, 1966-76 were this series' golden years.

Archived