Beauty and the Beast: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

“BEAUTY AND THE BEAST”

Detective Catherine Chandler is a smart, no-nonsense homicide detective. Several years earlier, Catherine witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Catherine would have been killed too, but someone – or something – saved her. No one has ever believed her, but she knows it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins…it was human. Years have passed, and Catherine is a strong, confident, capable police officer, working alongside her equally talented partner, Tess. While investigating a murder, Catherine discovers a clue that leads her to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller, who was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Catherine learns that Vincent is actually still alive and that it was he who saved her many years before. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years to guard his secret – when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Catherine agrees to protect his identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Catherine and Vincent, who are powerfully drawn to each other yet understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them.

The series stars Kristin Kreuk (“Smallville,” “Chuck”) as Catherine, Jay Ryan (“Terra Nova”) as Vincent, Max Brown (“The Tudors,” “MI-5”) as Evan, Nina Lisandrello (“Nurse Jackie”) as Tess, Nicole Gale Anderson (“Make It or Break It”) as Heather, Austin Basis (“Life Unexpected”) as J.T., and Brian White (“The Shield,” “The Cabin in the Woods”) as Joe. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is from CBS Television Studios with executive producers Jennifer Levin (“Without A Trace,” “Felicity”), Sherri Cooper (“Brothers and Sisters”), Bill Haber (“Rizzoli & Isles,” “Thurgood”), Paul J. Witt (“A Better Life”) & Tony Thomas (“A Better Life”), Ron Koslow (“Moonlight”) and Gary Fleder (“Life Unexpected”).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

this is probably my favorite new show this season. I had no intention of watching it because I didn't think they stood a chance of living up to the original series. But it is amazing!! Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk have fabulous chemistry and they're bringing a whole new perspective to the characters of Catherine and Vincent. wub.pngwub.png

• Members

I think she's good. She's no Audrey Hepburn, but she's a decent actress IMO. I know she was on Smallville, but I never watched that other than catching a scene or two here and there. Anyway, I've seen far, far worse acting in daytime than she or Jay Ryan give on this show.

I don't know that the PCA's mean much, but I have been voting for the show for Best New Drama. I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel and stuff like that. I do visit the CW's site at least once every day...not sure they log stuff like that however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived