Unpopular Opinions - Music Edition

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I never liked the Beatles, Queen, Meatloaf, Adele, AC/DC, or that wretched Justin Bieber.

Everyone my age that I know loves Lady Antebellum, but ew. I can't stand her.

There is one ZZ Top song I LOVE - "Sleeping Bag". Other than that, ZZ Top sickens me.

This isn't really unpopular overall, but it is here - I love most of the songs by the Rolling Stones.

Well, I love John Mellencamp.

I love Dusty Springfield's song with the Pet Shop Boys - "What Have I Done to Deserve This?"

I LOVE Christina Aguilera. I also love a lot of REM songs. I love every song by James Taylor or Jackson Browne, even though those songs are before my time.

• Members

Beyonce WAS Destiny's Child, so it's pretty hard to differentiate. Let's not act like the other members were always singing lead or had much creative control.

I like Beyonce, but is she overrated as hell? Hell yeah.

She tends to oversing and barring the last album, most of her singles were often recycled tracks with the same rhythm and lyrical statement. I don't find her to be a very creative person at all, and she's been sued countless times already for jacking someone else's sh!t.

• Members

I know she had a mini-backlash around that time, but I think B-Day is my favouite album of her's.

Her debut solo album had some very boring patches on it, and Sasha had some very generic material on it. 4 was where she was trying too hard to be taken seriously as an artist and it just didn't work, talk about contrived and looking silly...

• Members

I can't stomach the idea of Lana Del Rey - not because she is a manufactured creation or because she can't sing her way out of a paper bag, but because she is a bootleg version of Fiona Apple. I'd blame it on my nostalgia for the 90s, but Fiona's new album makes it painfully clear that the former is no where near her lane of excellence.

Archived