SOD: Peter Reckell Leaving DAYS?

• Members

I still wonder if there will be a last minute agreement reached. The SOD blurb isn't really all that definitive IMO . It just repreats what they said months ago about PR telling castmates that he was leaving (which, at the time, many thought was a negotiation tactic) and adds a tweet from his wife, which also could be an attempt to ramp up the pressure on TPTB.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bo has to die to make Hope viable.

She has, if I am correct, never had a popular romance outside of him as he has her (and she HAS had other pairings). If he is simply out of town, lost at sea/missing/etc then people will not accept her with anyone else, and lets face it soaps dont tell non relationship stories. the alt of course is to ruin Bo and have leave Hope, making him look awful - as they already did after Carly by ignoring what hope did to him and making it seem as if he cheated on her.

Ugh. This is going to be a disaster. Bo is my top three characters on days, with Sami and Maggie. I will miss him so, so much.

This is the first departure to truly upset me in a long time. I usually understand/see why characters are written off or actors are fired.

I wonder how ugly these negations got. I highly doubt he left becuase the show might or might not be cancelled in the near future. I wonder if Alfonso just took whatever they gave her.

• Members

It has been said there is no turnaround for years, and there isnt a miricle one, but there can be one if they just look at what previously worked for them and got them ratings for more than a short time, a classic soap opera story (baby swatch) centerd around established characters (sami, nicole), that was female driven and wove in newbies (mia, chad) and veterns (maggie) and used history (bo & hope losing a child, maggies child issues in the past). the super couple returns do nothing but hinder the show.

• Members

I always remember reading GL fans devastated by the death of Maureen (I think this was the character's name) on their show and what a huge mistake it was to kill off this tentpole character. I get it now. For me, Bo is Days' tentpole. He is the moral backbone without ever becoming smug and self-righteous. PR always made Bo appear like a normal, decent, honest guy and that's a rarity in soaps nowadays. Days is having problems transitioning to the next generation so his character is even more important, IMO. Bad move, Days.

• Members

Thats true but I just feel the show is in a diff place now. Last time they dumped the super couples Sami and EJ were still a relatively fresh dynamic, Nicole came in and added a new dynamic to the show, even Rafe coming on initially was decent. So they had a promising fresh foundation. I'll add the quad with Nathan,Phillip, Stephanie, and Melanie to that. Other than Will what's fresh that's left to capitalize on now. The shows been bad but EJ and Sami and Nicole just seem like a retread. And EJ is back to hogging the entire show in every story like he was in early 2011 when the ratings stumbled a bit. Obviously no matter how tired the story and character is NBC wants Days to cram EJ down the viewers throats.

• Members

I miss Chelsea too. I wonder if Rachel Melvin could come back so they could do Chelsea/Nick again.

Shawn/Belle/Philip had the potential to be a great triangle that could have played out for years. I so wanted them to go there with Shawn and Chloe also. So many wasted oppurtunities :(

All of those characters are in their mid-late 20's, I would welcome them taking the reigns from the older characters like they have done on B&B. Get rid of Gabi and Lexie's brother. Keep Will, Sonny and Abby. The only way I would want Chad to stay is if they retcon him being a DiMera.

• Members

I agree, I would love to see Shawn, Belle, and Philip back. I've never been a fan of Mimi's but I'm sure she would return with them.

Galen Gering posted a photo to his twitter of his door being "decorated" and it looks like there were a lot of photos of Kyle Brandt on his door. http://lockerz.com/s/214949413. Not that it necessarily means anything, but still kind of random. I really, really would only want JKJ back as Philip.

• Members

I would love a Phillip/Belle/Shawn triangle, but it would have to be JKJ & Martha Madison in the roles. There was never any chemistry between JKJ & Kirsten Storms.

I could care less if it is Beemer or Cook in the role of Shawn. I'd actually like a new actor in the role. If Bo were to die though, I'd prefer Cook to return since he has a lot more history with Bo.

Archived