SOD: Peter Reckell Leaving DAYS?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Bo and Hope while they are a good sort of anchor couple are played out. I can see Days wanting to cut his guarantees further. But they could bring Shawn back or soras Ciara. I actually love him and think he's incredibly underrated, but I'd rather see the DH's go.

• Members

ohmy.png

Peter is for all, intents and purposes, a tentpole character for Days. Moreso than even Marlena or Hope or anybody else. Bo Brady represents solidity, continuity and honesty, important virtues for Days because it is one of the few soaps left that still values its straight-up heroes.

• Members

Over the last few years yes. They have really held that show together. But at the same time. There is nothing to be done with them. I say let him leave and lets see what Hope can do on her own. Corday is facing huge issues. I really do believe this is the begining of the end

• Members

It seems like they've been phasing Bo out of the show for a number of years now. The biggest problem is there are NO men in that age range who can fill his shoes. Hogestyn just isn't able to carry any story, and Josh Taylor is horrific. If Reckell does leave then they should do what they can to get Wayne Northop back as Roman.

• Members

Given the rumored conflicts with Ali Sweeney and Alfonso, I'm not sure, although that was quite a few years ago.

I do think that if they write Bo out, Hope should go too. They can rebuild the Hortons through characters like Sandy and Melissa and Sarah. I know it won't have the same emotional connection, but emotional connection is lacking on DAYS now anyway.

• Members

This seems like a ploy by Reckell's team to get a new contract. Kinda similar to the James Scott contract issues last year. I can't picture the show without Bo Brady. I'd be okay with RKK returning, although very doubtful. RKK's Bo and LR's Billie were HOT together.

It would be interesting to see if they write both Bo & Hope out together, or have Bo presumed dead and keep Hope on. I'm sure we'd likely get a Daniel & Hope pairing gag.

Archived