SOD: Peter Reckell Leaving DAYS?

• Members

I don't think the show would be so stupid to let Peter walk.

Then again, this IS the show that just fired four supremely talented actors, so nothing would surprise me anymore.

I am starting to think it's time to check out of Salem myself. I want to see who else is leaving/being shown the door first, but I'm not encouraged by what I'm seeing now.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So true. It isn't like the days when there were 10 soaps on the air and jump to another and he is older, so prime time will look over him! These actors need to know that "their" market iS dead and they should take whatever comes to them.

• Members

Yes, but it doesn't sound like the show wants him to leave. For all we know, they're asking him to take the same deal that both DHs took to come back.

I hope they can work something out, even if it's just a one-day-a-week guarantee or something. It's nice to have Bo around as a consistent tentpole character.

• Members

Peter Reckell is facing the same problem that many DAYS veterans face: there isn't anything left of value for him to do; yet, allowing him to leave will prove detrimental to the show in the long run. Let that be a lesson to all (including moi) who enjoyed the "supercouple formula" BITD.

• Members

Not sure about Sweeney (wasn't the scuttlebutt that her mom feared for her safety once his romance w/ co-star Miriam Parrish became public?), but I've heard in the past that Alfonso threatened to quit after RKK tried to make the proverbial moves on her.

Archived