SOD: Peter Reckell Leaving DAYS?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billie's still on the show? It feels as if Rinna already got fired but we just didnt get the memo yet. She had SOOO much momentum when she joined but boy did they let that fizzle out fast and now she's a glorified day player

• Members

I think Hope needs more of an edge. Not a bitch, but she needs to be a little more edgy and risk taking. That's the Hope I'd expect to see.

I really want us to get an interview with Tomlin, however, I'm glad they are keeping storyline details and previews for the future at a minimum because the show really hurt itself by taping so far in advance. They're probably screwed if they do get cancelled because they're so far ahead. We should worry about that. How will they have time to wrap everything up and bring back past favorites?

And I don't think NBC's mind is made up. It had a much more grave period back in 2007/2008 when NBC flat out said it was done with Days. Look, it's still here. Do I think in the next year the show's toast? Most likely. Not because of Reckell leaving, just because that's how it's going to go unless something major changes.

• Members

I think the bigger issue is losing Peter Reckell than losing Bo and Hope as a couple.

Anyways this is awful for the Brady family. Roman stands alone as the lead Brady male? Maybe if WN was in the role but Mumbles is just an embarassment. The Brady clan will now be fractured as I expect them to (and they should) morph Hope into being a Horton matriarch alongside Maggie (if the new writers use her). Carrie's gone. No Shawn. Its pretty much just Roman, Sami and I guess Will. Sad

• Members

That was the problem with all of the soaps. No one to carry on as legacy characters. Fans STILL talk about storylines and such from the past but aside from couple worshippers I dont hear anyone begging to see anything really from the last 10 years. Its quite sad.

• Members

The fingers are still crossed that a certain annoying guy who blinks too much will leave. At this point I'm expecting this soap to be the next one cancelled. I'll miss him but his character really hasn't done much lately since it is all about stupid eggs, coins and EJ.

Archived