Your favorite promos through the years

• Members

These are all just a trip smile.png Love, love, love... Anything before 2000 is classic.

Although I applaud NBC for including DAYS in on those annoying pop-ups they do during primetime shows. They did it for DAYS in the spring of 2004 when they were promoting Marlena being the serial killer, with her looking all suspicious with a knife and the words "Is Marlena Repossessed?" or something to that degree.

"It Will Excite You!" omg, that's my new favorite thing to watch. Deidre circa '86, Peter Reckell and Mr. Sheffield singing "It Will Excite You" in unison... the quick turns to the camera... LOL this is just so fantastically 80's :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've still been wasting so much time like a fool looking for the Sonny/Brenda/Jax and Brenda/Jax/Skye promos that match this one, LOL. This was my favorite out of the three. There was a Journey one I have found that went with this set. But the Sonny/Brenda/Jax one went something like, "What's better than the perfect man? The wrong one." And I found screen caps for Brenda/Jax/Skye one, it read, "A good man is hard to find. Especially when he belongs to another woman."

• 2 months later...
  • Members

And that's why the British soap opera is still alive. Class, talent, history and production value.

Although I will say that promo is more suited for Kristen Blake on DAYS than Sharon Watts. If DAYS ran something like that instead of their usual [!@#$%^&*] (DAYSASTER) they'd get people to watch. Except I feel certain they'll [!@#$%^&*] up and use Kristen as a relatively functional citizen this time around, which is really not what she left as and was famous for being - a supervillain.

• Members

I'm not sure this has been posted. It's one of my favorites of all time. Even when this and most stories on OLTL at the time were poorly written, the show had such spirit and goodwill behind it and the young couple (Cris and Nat) were very popular; it was a grassroots fan thing the show responded to, went for and promoted.

The thing about this campaign for the ABC soaps that summer - the great one for Zander/Liz/Jason on GH is on Page 1, and it's a good triangle the show abandoned very suddenly when Brian Frons took over and ordered GH to do Jason/Courtney - is that the editing was top-notch. There's such anticipation and suspense in it, both in that GH one (Liz lines up to make a shot at the pool table/choose a man) and in this one (Natalie and Cris turn to face each other). Really classy work. They felt like legit primetime youth drama promos.

• Members

I was underwhelmed by RH as Paul from the start - it was a bad choice to can Scott Holroyd - and annoyed that he'd left OLTL, but that Paul/Rose/Dusty promo is another of my longtime faves. I really enjoyed ATWT at that time for the most part.

• Members

I was going to say that but didn't want to bring the thread down :P

Honestly I watch even less of the British soaps than of the US ones now, which I never thought I'd say. I just hope Eastenders is going to keep climbing back up and Corrie and Emmerdale stop choking on their own vomit.

• Members

Well, yes and no. I judge the British soaps significantly less harsh than a lot of people around here. I think on average, even in the last several years, they run a much tighter, high-quality ship overall than their American counterparts. Even at their worst, comparing them against a recent viewing of any American soap is like suddenly popping in Masterpiece Theatre for me.

• Members

I judge them more harshly because I see them doing what killed American soaps (endless pregnancy stories, weak female characters, endless rape and murder, obsessiveness over "bad boy" monsters like Brendan Brady whose stories basically involve the same damn scene of Emmett Scanlan making who farted faces). But I do love the Eastenders promo and I am glad you posted it here. I hope the show is turning a corner.

Archived