GH Fights Back-Daily Beast Article

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's interesting that in the middle of this puff piece, McCullough pans her exit. I've seen a lot of comments from fans talking about how flat it was and how little anyone on the show cared. I doubt it would have been any better under Guza, or Wolf, but lack of emotional involvement is always the biggest problem with FV/RC material. They are a poor fit for a show which more than anything needs heart and life.

They seem to have just skipped over Holly's last return...not that I can blame them.

• Members

I thought it was a little condescending when FV started talking about what viewers need to understand. Viewers and understanding isn't the problem. GH is a show that actively chased away its fanbase for a decade or more. GH, along with DAYS, probably had the most loyal fanbase of any soap. They need a reason to watch again. They don't need a lecture.

I didn't think the article was that bad in terms of puffery, although I might be comparing that to some of the cheerleading elsewhere, which, as always, has little to do with what is onscreen and more to do with press feelings towards "Cartini."

• Members

I couldn't even get emotionally into the scenes of Robin's death because of the realistic side of it. I don't care how outlandish a story is- I loved Ice Princess on GH and Eterna on OLTL but the fact that the hospital wasn't evacuated, Patrick still had to call 911 and how the the firemen got there was ridiculous. For that being Ron's first episode, he should be ashamed. I was so disappointed.

Archived